Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Please take a moment to read our updated TOS, Privacy Policy, and Forum Rules.

Sophie Davis and Brooklyn BA/MD

collegekid29collegekid29 Registered User Posts: 174 Junior Member
edited December 2013 in Multiple Degree Programs
Hello all,
Does anyone know whether we can apply to BOTH of these programs through CUNY or Macaulay or can you only pick one? It's so confusing. Can someone please lay this all out. Thank you!
Post edited by collegekid29 on

Replies to: Sophie Davis and Brooklyn BA/MD

• AspiringMDbroAspiringMDbro Registered User Posts: 3 New Member
    You can apply to both. I applied to both last year, was accepted to Sophie but not Brooklyn. Attending Sophie right now

Edit: You cannot attend Sophie through Mccauley, I am not sure about Brooklyn Bs/md but I am not 100% sure
  • starlight27starlight27 Registered User Posts: 277 Junior Member
    @Collegekid29- I'm applying to Brooklyn and Macaulay Honors too. You have to send in the application for these two separately (Macaulay honors is through the CUNY website and the med program app is on the brooklyn website). If you decide to go to Brooklyn and are accepted to Macaulay Honors College, you'll get the benefits of being part of Macaulay. Sophie Davis isn't part of the Macaulay Honors college, so if you get into Sophie Davis and choose to attend, you won't be part of Macaulay. You do file the Sophie Davis app on the CUNY website though (I think!)
  • collegekid29collegekid29 Registered User Posts: 174 Junior Member
    Would you mind laying your stats out so I could get an idea of whether I could potentially get accepted? Thanks!
  • Collegebound97Collegebound97 Registered User Posts: 27 New Member
    @AspiringMDbro‌ Hey, I was also accepted. After about two yrs in Sophie how do you like it?
This discussion has been closed.