I'm currently a rising senior in high school and I am highly interested in applying to an accelerated BS/DDS program, preferably a 7 or an 8 year one, in a few months. I was wondering what my chances are of getting into one of these programs. Here are my credentials:
GPA: 4.0 unweighted, 4.46 unweighted (as of the conclusion of my junior year)
Class Rank: 5/499
AP Courses taken (so far) – Score I received:
AP European History – 5
AP Chemistry – 5
AP Calculus BC – 4
AP Spanish – 4
AP English Language & Composition – 4
AP US History – 5
Many of the other classes I’ve taken so far have been honors or magnet as I am in the math & science academy at my high school, and I’ve taken courses such as Molecular Biology and Magnet Human Anatomy & Physiology in addition to these courses. For my senior year, I am also taking AP Biology, AP Psychology, AP Computer Science, AP English Literature, AP Government, Magnet Organic Chemistry, and Math Modeling.
SAT I: 1480/1600 (taken once with essay), 730 Reading/Writing, 750 Math
SAT II: 780 Math II, 770 Chemistry, 800 United States History
ACT: 33/36 (taken once WITHOUT essay)
Extracurriculars in school:
- President of Japanese Club for 3 years
- In Mu Alpha Theta (Math Honor Society)
- In the Spanish Honor Society
- In Japanese Honor Society
- Starter for Varsity Tennis for 3 years
- In National Honor Society
- Founder/President of Tennis Club
Extracurriculars out of school:
- Have volunteered at a Children’s Hospital every summer for 3 years, in the surgery department for 2.
- Have volunteered at a summer camp for children with autism every year for 4 years.
- Staff member for a freshman orientation camp at my high school this year.
- Shadowed a dentist for ~20 hours the past week (which I loved, and hence why I’m interested in an entering a BS/DDS program)
- Currently in the middle of a 90-hour mentorship at a cancer research lab as a part of my 140-hour senior project.
I am currently looking at the following accelerated BS/DDS programs:
Siena College University at Buffalo
University at Buffalo
Villanova University University of Pennsylvania
*I am out-of-state for all of those schools, but I’m still mostly interested in applying to schools in the Northeast part of the US.
Based on my credentials, what are my chances of getting into one of the schools (or schools comparable to them) listed above? I’m mostly worried about my SAT and ACT scores, but I despise standardized testing and so I’m not particularly confident that when I take them again I’ll get a higher score. I am also Asian-American, so I understand it might be more difficult for me to get into one of these programs.
Thank you so much for reading so much text, and if you can provide any insight, thanks so much!