Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Please take a moment to read our updated TOS, Privacy Policy, and Forum Rules.

Dental 6~7 yr. BS(BA)/DDS(DMD):chances & colleges?

iamdangermouseiamdangermouse Registered User Posts: 127 Junior Member
edited November 2006 in Multiple Degree Programs
well first of all, i want to apply to a 6~7 year BS/DDS program..

but i want to apply to a school that i can apply directly into this program when i apply to this school this winter. i cant afford to apply to a school where i have to wait until soph/junior year to apply to the program and possibly just fail to get in against competition.

i heard that some schools will let you go on to the dental school if you maintain your grades/complete specific requirements etc... but does anyone know which schools have this program and this policy?

and for my stats:

my SAT verbal+math is 1540,

SAT chemistry: 800,
math IIC: 800
Literature: 760

e/cs (not much in numbers, but i did them sincerely): include 14 yrs of piano, volunteer work with handicap children, internships, band, orchestra, swimming

ermmm but.. i'm an international - _ -. so i'll have to apply to programs that actually accept internationals,

also do these dental schools not look at writing scores? my writing score were low..

i'd really appreciate if anyone could help me in my search for a college, and possibly evaluate my stats..
thank you so much
Post edited by iamdangermouse on

Replies to: Dental 6~7 yr. BS(BA)/DDS(DMD):chances & colleges?

• Aspen DAspen D Registered User Posts: 1,485 Senior Member
    Tell us more about these internships.

Google the programs. I know that Rutgers and BU have one off the top of my head but look around.
  • matrixrebloatedmatrixrebloated Registered User Posts: 303 Junior Member
    you'll get into Dental progs, the only problem is your international
  • iamdangermouseiamdangermouse Registered User Posts: 127 Junior Member
    ^ is it possible for an international applicant to get accepted to Dental programs?

i grew up in the states and am practically american, but a few years ago i had to move to another country, which is the country i hold my citizenship... but the colleges wouldn't care about this, would they??
  • hydrogen3khydrogen3k Registered User Posts: 281 Junior Member
    I think UPenn has a great program...look into that.
  • matrixrebloatedmatrixrebloated Registered User Posts: 303 Junior Member
    it is possible, just many programs dont even look at international applicants

some programs do, and they won't discrimminate against you because your an international applicant

and dont u have dual citizenship for US, it seems you were born here, so you should have some type of status
  • iamdangermouseiamdangermouse Registered User Posts: 127 Junior Member
    unfortunately.. i wasn't born in the US. i moved there when I was five and grew up there until i moved to my home(?) country a couple of years ago..
    so i'm just plain international.

does anyone possibly know which schools consider international applicants for their program?

i've been searching around the internet, but just in case i missed a couple of schools.. : ) thanks
  • EvilbooyaaEvilbooyaa Registered User Posts: 672 Member
    honestly, I wouldn't worry too much about a 7 year BS/DDS program.

Dental school isn't as hard to get into as an MD school...

which is why I'm not a fan of either combined dental or DO programs... the graduate schools are relatively easy to get into.
This discussion has been closed.