Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Introducing a New Expert Content Section: Careers!

GW Interview Baby!

Replies to: GW Interview Baby!

• ilovecollegeilovecollege Registered User Posts: 116 Junior Member
    did you get an email rehan or a letter?
    haha thanks for answering all these q :) and good luck!
  • rehanrehan Registered User Posts: 90 Junior Member
    ilovecollege, yesterday i got an email from kristen walker, assistant director of admissions.
  • asterstarasterstar Registered User Posts: 603 Member
    rishug87, my interview is on the same day, Feb.25! What time is yours? only if you want to say it, of course :)
  • rishug87rishug87 Registered User Posts: 108 Junior Member
    1 o clock, u going to the lunch (just so i know so i can but garlic in ur food and then your going to smell reallll badly in your interview....which medical school would want a guy who smells)
    why does everyone always think I'm a guy? anyways, yeah I'm probably going to the lunch. haha well with my garlic breath I'd just breath on you and knock you out just before your interview...
    so how did everyone's interviews go?
    it went pretty well. It was much more open-ended and informal than I thought it would be, at least comparing to another interview that I've had. The program seems awesome: I think the students said there was a 90% match with top three residency choices, and all the students were very grounded and easy going- as well they should be, with no MCAT and just a 3.3 GPA requirement.

*Crossing fingers*

how about you, rehan?

Edit: A mom of an applicant there told me that 600 people apply, and 60 are interviewed (which is also a stat that I've heard elsewhere on this board). There are about 20 people in the first year in the program, so I'm guessing that about 25-30 are admitted each year. So...a tentative 50% acceptance rate after interviews.
  • buckwaldbuckwald Registered User Posts: 333 Member
    I heard from the secretary of the med. school admissions office that 63 got interviews and that 20-22 of us will get in, which is 1/3 of us!
    those odds are not bad at all. I would be so excited if I got in. My interview went well, but Im not sure how it gauges with everyone else's. Is the interview the only determining factor at this point? When I went on the 14th, there were only 3 other students who got interviewed, and as a whole they didnt seem very social, but maybe they interviewed well.
  • Sholefs860Sholefs860 Registered User Posts: 82 Junior Member
    Does anyone know when GW notifies the interviewed? I asked at the GW admissions office and they said around late March, but I'm not quite sure if that means next week, or the following week. I do remember them saying that decisions would not be finalized until all interviews are done and they can review all applicants basically against each other. So my second questions is: Have they finished the interviews? Thanks.
  • buckwaldbuckwald Registered User Posts: 333 Member
    I interviewed on the last date which was February 28th. I think it's the last week of March we find out. Good luck!
    Does that mean the very last week? Do you know how they inform us? Is it by email or regular mail?
    Does that mean the very last week? Do you know how they inform us? Is it by email or regular mail?
  • wouldbemdwouldbemd Registered User Posts: 78 Junior Member
    How does GW's combined program compare with some of the other programs that have been discussed on this forum?
    anyone hear from GW this week? they were sent out monday.
This discussion has been closed.