Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

GW Interview Baby!

13»

Replies to: GW Interview Baby!

• wouldbemdwouldbemd Registered User Posts: 78 Junior Member
    they were sent out monday

Well, it was not in today's mail - and I live about 25 miles from GW.

So, I wonder if it was sent out on Monday, like someone said it would be.
    Got accepted into GW's 7 year BA/MD Program.

Thick envelope with this classy folder in which all the materials were included came in the mail today.

The letter indicated that there were 20 spaces in the program and "nearly 600 highly qualified applicants".
  • asterstarasterstar Registered User Posts: 603 Member
    congrats! do you think you're gonna go?
    Thanks, aster.

Not sure what I am going to do as yet. I have a couple of Ivies that I am waiting to hear from as well as Stanford.

I have been following these threads where most applicants to these programs see these combo programs as being a no-brainer for anyone who is set on becoming a doctor. I have no doubt that I want to be a doctor but if I got into one of the Ivies or Stanford, I am pretty sure that I would go that route and forgo GW. It is not merely a prestige issue - though there is a little of that - but has more to do with the entire academic experience that I feel I would get going to one of these schools.

This business about the MCAT being a major hurdle is one that I don't agree with. Most successful applicants to one of these combo programs have excellent academic credentials and a good track record when it comes to testing and there is no reason to think that everything would fall apart when it comes to the MCAT.

The only program that I applied to is GW because of its location and other factors. So I will wait to hear from the Ivies and Stanford before I make a final decision.
  • rishug87rishug87 Registered User Posts: 108 Junior Member
    nice going man, do any of u know if gw waitlisted? cuz they waitlisted 10 years ago when my brother applied just curious if they still did that! thank you
    Thanks, rishu87.

I am sure that GW does waitlist a few candidates since they are bound to have a few of the applicants decline the offers - not sure how many.

I found out a couple of hours that I got accepted by Duke - so I guess, it has been a good day for me.
  • Sholefs860Sholefs860 Registered User Posts: 82 Junior Member
    Congrats, wouldb. Did anyone else hear from GW yet?
  • rehanrehan Registered User Posts: 90 Junior Member
    I am still waiting for my letter. The anticipation is killing me!
  • docontherocdocontheroc Registered User Posts: 54 Junior Member
    GWU BABY!!!!

After a day of getting rejected and waitlisted at numerous privates and ivies, this makes everything I endured yesterday all better. Only downside is they need a decision on the program so soon, 4/15. PSU/Jefferson or GWU? What are your thoughts?
    PSU/Jefferson or GWU

It is really a toss-up, IMO.

I have met with several people in the program at GW and they are very happy with it. It is well located with lots of action given that it is in the heart of DC.
  • rehanrehan Registered User Posts: 90 Junior Member
    I just got my letter today and I'm in! Im pretty excited about this and I will probably accept my offer. I am still waiting to hear from the University of Miami HPME program though. How would you say those compare to each other? I am also in the SLU med program, but the only reason I would attend that is because my twin brother is goin there.
  • buckwaldbuckwald Registered User Posts: 333 Member
    GW's Medical School did not make the US News and World Reports rankings!

btw rehan- SLU was 62 and Miami was 55. If that helps influence your decision at all.
13»
This discussion has been closed.