Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

General Acceptance in BA/MDs

anooreanoore Registered User Posts: 105 Junior Member
edited December 2007 in Multiple Degree Programs
Do BA/MD program commities review your entire application with all of your stats and essays -or-

Do adcoms for the univeristy:
1. look at your app
2. admit you to the university
3. Give JUST your ba/md materials such as the extra essay to write and scores, in other words, do they also read your other essays for the college's admittance

This question is very important b/c I have to know whether or not I should repeat some of my academic info in both essays. If I elaborate on activity A in the essay for acceptance and activity B in the BA/MD essay and the BA/MD comittee does not read all of the essays, they will only know about activity B. Please post a response to this question ASAP b/c I have to know by this weekend!!! Thank you everyone!

(Btw if there is any ambiguity in this question please say so in a post an I will try to make myself more clear)
Post edited by anoore on

Replies to: General Acceptance in BA/MDs

• anooreanoore Registered User Posts: 105 Junior Member
    let me make #3 clearer: once you are admited into the college, does the BA/MD comittee only look at your BA/MD essay or the entire application including all of the other essays...sorry for the earlier ambiguity, hope this helps clarify!
  • maysixxmommaysixxmom Registered User Posts: 697 Member
    I can only speak for Rice/Baylor. Once admitted to Rice, Baylor CM reviews your entire application file not just the R/B application and essay.
    thank you for the quick response, i presume if rice/baylor does it others do it as well, anyone else have any comments? btw did u get into their program? if so congrats!
  • Central PerkyCentral Perky Registered User Posts: 918 Member
    There is no way to generalize this because it depends on the school/program. However, I would say that most schools probably look at everything. The program I'm in looked at everything.
    ok thx, but for clarification, wat program are u in?
  • Spr33Spr33 Registered User Posts: 25 New Member
    I would see no reason why they wouldn't look at the other essays. I know someone who reads for PLME and they do look at the the essays you wrote for the undergrad program.
    thx for the response...thats important to me bc im applying for plme
This discussion has been closed.