Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

wayne state medstart program

Replies to: wayne state medstart program

• blackpen2008blackpen2008 Registered User Posts: 1,362 Senior Member
    general question to all that applied
    How many pages (like sheets of paper) was your entire application to MedStart?
    Like a number. (e.g. 10 pages)
  • SacKingsSacKings Registered User Posts: 40 Junior Member
    hey blackpen2008, is MedStart your first choice?

and google223, i just had my phone interview and its was ok, i think, but like you ingeniously put it we will see when we get the next email. :)
    dang no snow day
    Yes, MedStart is my first choice
  • google223google223 Registered User Posts: 47 Junior Member
    ME tooo (it's my first choice)

hey Sackings, im glad to know ti went well. It would be cool if someone from CA was in the program. you'd hate the weather though!
    Are you actually really considering coming to Wayne?

and blackpen2008 I cant remember how many pages mine was..But all i sent in was what they asked for (like the experiences list, essay, transcript, and i cant rmb if there is anything else)
    does SacKings = Sacramento Kings?
    I knew that sn had to be related to something.
    (anyway go Pistons)
  • paki786paki786 Registered User Posts: 862 Member
    in these programs, do they look very closely at the high school schedule difficulties? In other words, i am taking 2 Aps my junior year ( chem and gov).........is that sufficient?

just wondering how many of you took AP eng lang.? Does that class help with college admission essays?

sorry to change the topic but i am interested in this medstart program so i will like some advice.
  • paki786paki786 Registered User Posts: 862 Member
    so......who got in?
  • lnguye02lnguye02 Registered User Posts: 175 Junior Member
    To Those Who Got Accepted,

Please share your stats as the followings:
    State of residency
    SAT1
    ACT
    SAT2
    AP
    HS Rank
    Essay, Recommendation letters, Interview
    ECs
    List of BA/BS-MD program that you applied
    Others .......

Thanks,
  • FutureDr08FutureDr08 User Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 237 Junior Member
    I hate MedStart lol, not really, but it makes me mad since I felt I was really qualified with my stats since their minimums are way too easy with ACT 25 and GPA of 3.5, but WAY TOO MANY PEOPLE APPLIED THIS YEAR WITH ABOUT 200 I THINK SHE TOLD ME, anyways I didn't get the phone interview for MedStart, but they are giving me a BIG SCHOLARSHIP, whatever, that's life, still I think they should raise the requirements,

what were the stats of people that got accepted to MedStart, the lucky 10 or 15?

I think BS/MD programs MUST OR SHOULD HAVE ATLEAST 40-50 SEATS RESERVED FOR THEIR SO CALLED DIRECT PROGRAM BECAUSE THEN IT'S ACTUALLY WORTH IT TO APPLY AND PUT WORK IN IT....

Since it's stupid and pointless when 200 ppl apply to a program that accepts like 5-10 seats, I think a lot are selective, but then they shouldn't advertise their program so much and get people anxious lol

I sound bitter lol but thats because it snowed on the first day of spring break, but I did get accepted to a BS/DO PROGRAM- WAY EASIER-ASK ME IF YOU WANT TO LEARN ABOUT THEM, ITS EASIER/LESS COMPETITIVE/BETTER COLLEGES/LOCATIONS (Yes, I'm biased now haha)
    haha, ok then
    totally agree
    anyone get in yet????????
  • college120college120 Registered User Posts: 1 New Member
    well, i'm on the waiting list...iono what that means at all..

and I'm not sure if i want to go for Wayne medstart since u still need a high MCAT score..(the senior medstart students told me they had to work just as hard as any undergrad applying to medical school)...

I just want to mention that it is quite a competitive program to get into in the 1st place...all the interviews can be quite nerve wrecking...
    facebook group for MedStart?
    hey college120,
    have you heard if you've been offered a spot yet? What number are you on the waiting list?
This discussion has been closed.