right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
2 DAYS until our "Ask The Expert" live event w/ the CC Dean, Sally Rubenstone, on Feb. 22 at 12:00 pm ET. Ask your question NOW if you are a registered member!

wayne state medstart program

1235»

Replies to: wayne state medstart program

• animefreakss4animefreakss4 188 replies5 threads Junior Member
    @Jackgnikc- thank you, i will be sure to contact you for any help or advice. By the way, were you in Medstart, or did you take the traditional route?
    · Reply · Share
  • JackgnikcJackgnikc 21 replies0 threads New Member
    Actually WSU's med school is stronger than the one at MSU. When I applied to undergrad the medstart program was not yet in existance. Don't believe what you read in all of these rankings, WSU-SOM is definitely very well respected. They actually don't submit to the US news rankings, which is why they aren't on them.
    · Reply · Share
  • animefreakss4animefreakss4 188 replies5 threads Junior Member
    Wow, thats nice information there. But you have to agree that MSU undergraduate is better than WSUs undergraduate program. Well, thats just my guess based on observation and from talking to people. What you say may very well be true, I have heard people talking highly of WSUs med school.
    · Reply · Share
  • JackgnikcJackgnikc 21 replies0 threads New Member
    MSU's undergrad is certainly more well-known, and it is a very strong school, I agree. However, people tend to discount WSU because they don't have a football team, and so they aren't as visible nationally. To be honest, the opportunities at WSU are enormous, even as an undergrad. Go into this with an open mind, and don't let lists detract from how good a school really is. I got so much out of my undergrad experience, and I honestly wouldn't trade it for anything. It shaped my view on a lot of things, because I immersed myself in the opportunities. The thing with Wayne is that the people who just drive to class and drive home don't get anything out of it, and that is their own fault. You wouldn't get anything out of any other school, no matter how highly ranked, if you approach it with a commuter mentality. So if you do end up at Wayne State, take advantage of everything it has to offer. If you need to know anything at all about the school, the area, the professors, or how to get into med school, let me know.
    · Reply · Share
  • Mango ManMango Man 160 replies8 threads Junior Member
    Hey guys, my GPA has taken a hit this semester and I got a few B's. The best GPA I can get now (unweighted) is a 3.9, but I have very very good EC's, should have a ~33 (hopefully higher) Act. Will it hurt me at all? I am depressed because it is my life ambition to get into medstart and become a doctor, and I don't want to let a test in 10th grade stop that.
    · Reply · Share
  • pumpernickel123pumpernickel123 6 replies0 threads New Member
    Hey, I was wondering what xactly is the group interview, how does it go?
    · Reply · Share
    Bump! The interview is tommorow... any advice???
    · Reply · Share
  • soccer1269soccer1269 6 replies1 threads New Member
    mango man, stop worrying.......3.9 gpa is still amazing hah good job
    · Reply · Share
  • LuckyCat728LuckyCat728 3 replies1 threads New Member
    I didn't make 2nd interview :(
    · Reply · Share
    did u get an email or a call? i got neither so i am worried
    · Reply · Share
  • szsjshamrockszsjshamrock 13 replies3 threads New Member
    Calls went out last Thursday for top 30.. I got into top 30 and so did my friend
    · Reply · Share
  • theevilduckytheevilducky 1 replies0 threads New Member
    hi does anyone know when we find out about top 15? O_O
    · Reply · Share
  • paki786paki786 768 replies94 threads Member
    so.....anyone get into the program?
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity