Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Doctor or Dentist

13»

Replies to: Doctor or Dentist

• cecesunshinececesunshine Registered User Posts: 106 Junior Member
    futuredr08, you really dont need to get so defensive about what everyone's saying. nobody here is commenting just to make wise-a*s remarks about you, and they're only inserting their opinion and trying to help out. they all have valid points, as do you...one of the most necessary marks of a good doctor is the patience and open-mindedness to listen and actually think about what others feel. its really not worth getting ticked off about =)
  • bluedevilmikebluedevilmike Registered User Posts: 11,964 Senior Member
    80% of the people on this forum want to be doctors
    This is the pre-med and medical school forum.
    I just wonder if anyone wants to do anything else?
    Yes. The Law School forums are full of pre-law students. And the business school forums are full of pre-business students. And graduate school... well, you get the idea.
  • FutureDr08FutureDr08 User Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 237 Junior Member
    lol wow I didn't know there was a forum for each career...

and cecesunshine, u make a good point, thats completely true
  • norcalguynorcalguy Registered User Posts: 7,548 Senior Member
    No one here is pushing you to be a doctor or a dentist. We're just saying that if you really aren't sure (and it's perfectly okay at your age), then maybe you should enter undergrad and go the traditional route instead of the combined program.
  • paki786paki786 Registered User Posts: 862 Member
    heres the deal.........you are interested in both medicine and dentistry and applied to both of the combined programs to create a backup for urself?
    u think that going the traditional way u will do bad on the mcats and not make it into either DO or MD school and that will be the end of the world.
    well you say that you are sure that you like both medicine and dentistry and applied to both.
    i would say stick to one goal and go for it. If you start making all of these backups, you will sway from your goal. If you cant decide between the two, be a normal person and go to college and graduate and then do watever. Ur entire life is not dependent on the one choice u make right now. And again about the DO..........you should try going traditional route and making it in MD schools like norcal, bluedevilmike etc etc.....and dont fear those MCATS that you know absolutely nothing about. have a good day
  • lilshamzlilshamz Registered User Posts: 188 Junior Member
    you have a tendency of asking loaded questions and getting upset when people give you real answers. if all you have to offer is childish remarks like "you're a loser" then why even bother posting?
  • FutureDr08FutureDr08 User Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 237 Junior Member
    No, I am just getting sick of people that seem to be disrespectful and rude in their answers. I firmly believe if you have nothing good to say, don't say it, unless it can be proactive and shine some light on an unique perspective....

like I get annoyed when people are like, you're questioning whether you want to be a doctor or dentist, it's a simple question and answer it rather than making sarcastic or rude statements saying oh you don't know what you want to do , and frankly I have been told numerous times that students out of high school seem to be set on doing something and end up elsewhere, so it's good to have an open mind to new ideas

but ideas should try to be positive in my opinion, rather than bashing someone or saying disrespectful things...

anyways I hope people are getting happy seeing the BS/MD results come out this week:)
  • illinois187illinois187 Registered User Posts: 106 Junior Member
    @futuredr08: I disagree. Most of these programs are NOT intended for high school students who "seem to be set on doing something and end up elsewhere." You go into an interview and tell them you're also thinking about doing something else, then you will get flat out rejected. Thought this would be something you understand, as you did get accepted to some progs? Or just only the DO ones?

And grow up. Calling someone a loser does not seem very mature.
    sorry, I don't even remember when and to who I said it to, but I know I did, lol it's a joke, maybe I was even being sarcastic...anyways people have been disrespectful to me...

anyways where are you going?, I am going the BS/DO route since it's in Florida and a good school: Nova Southeastern
    but I am truly sorry if I offended anyone
13»
This discussion has been closed.