Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Miami HPM Decision

heesey1010heesey1010 Registered User Posts: 14 New Member
edited April 2008 in Multiple Degree Programs
Does anyone know when they are releasing them? From last year's thread it seemed like first week of April but my dad was told that it would be "April 1st no later". who knows if that means that's when it will be mailed or date received?
Post edited by heesey1010 on

Replies to: Miami HPM Decision

• shatendershatender Registered User Posts: 83 Junior Member
    they will be emailing us on April 1st
  • inthemoneyinthemoney Registered User Posts: 134 Junior Member
    Did you all get the email about april 15th decisions. whats up with that?
  • LeticiaLeticia Registered User Posts: 158 Junior Member
    I got the email. What BS. Why would they need 14 more days? It's almost as bad as the Stanford decisions coming out weirdly.
    That email decided for me that I wouldn't go to the HPM even if they accepted me and I deposited at my school today.
  • GoBroncos00GoBroncos00 Registered User Posts: 43 Junior Member
    leticia: mebbe you should tell them that ur not considering HPM then, give some1 else ur spot...or at least make their decisions go a bit quicker
  • Spidey1588Spidey1588 Registered User Posts: 190 Junior Member
    I expect a rejection, which will definitely suck.
  • bigreddawgiebigreddawgie Registered User Posts: 2,161 Senior Member
    leticia clear up a spot lol!!!!
  • imaginationpowerimaginationpower Registered User Posts: 211 Junior Member
    it said BY april 15th, do u think it'll be before that then or exactly on april 15th?? w/e, I hate this uncertainty. They tell us to get our application in so early or we won't be considered if it's late but they themselves take forever to get back to us and tell us it'll take longer than they told us earlier. we should give them a deadline and tell them that if their late we're not paying them anything haha. ;)
  • heatfan3232heatfan3232 Registered User Posts: 57 Junior Member
    One of my parents spoke to Mr. Montgomery yesterday. He said that the board for admissions had a meeting last Friday and it turned ugly. Everyone had people that they believed should be in and some started shouting at each other. They were only able to cut the number down to 90. As you probably know they can only accept 30-35. They are meeting again this Friday and will come to a final decision in the next couple weeks.

Now that thats said, I have not receieved such an email? Can someone post the contents of the email and the address it was sent from? I hope this doesnt mean I was already cut.....
  • APScholarAPScholar Registered User Posts: 9 New Member
    heatfan3232, the e-mail reads....

I am writing to let you know that the HPME Admission Committee has been delayed in making final selections due to an increased number of applicants to this program.

We anticipate that all students will be notified of their admission decision for the HPME program no later than April 15, 2008. Students will receive their initial notification via email followed by a regular letter via regular mail.

Sincerely,

Joseph O. Montgomery
    apscholar, thanks. what email address was that sent from? just want to keep it off my spam list...
  • APScholarAPScholar Registered User Posts: 9 New Member
    heatfan3232, the e-mail was from "[email protected]" and was not sent as a mass e-mail
    thanks

has anyone else who interviewed not received this email?
  • GoBroncos00GoBroncos00 Registered User Posts: 43 Junior Member
    i got the email...
  • imaginationpowerimaginationpower Registered User Posts: 211 Junior Member
    wow...that's interesting about the meeting.

Would any of you DEFINITELY go without hesitation or thinking to this program if you got accepted? Or are you considering other schools?
    i wonder if not receiving the email means i have already been cut hmmm.....

but if accepted i would accept the offer immediately.
This discussion has been closed.