Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

BA/DDS at UOP

USXUSX Registered User Posts: 44 Junior Member
edited March 2008 in Multiple Degree Programs
Whoever got in to the 2+3, 3+3, 4+3 programs may you tell us your stats?

SAT:
ACT:
UW GPA:
W GPA
AP Scores:
Rank
Which Program
Post edited by USX on

Replies to: BA/DDS at UOP

• FutureDr08FutureDr08 User Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 237 Junior Member
    I got into the 4+3 program and my stats are:

ACT: 30, GPA: 3.97 W, 3.75 UW, AP scores: still waiting, but credit with 4 in ap us and ap world, rank: top 10%, many extracurricular leadership roles/600 hours of volunteering

yeah I'm not going, i only applied because of my parents, and don't really like dentistry that much, I find medicine more interesting, challenging, and a career that fits my personality more
  • FutureDr08FutureDr08 User Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 237 Junior Member
    UOP doesn't make the programs clear, in my opinion, but also I didn't research into it. Anyways, the 6 and 7 year programs only guarantee an interview, just to make it clear for students. Here's the email from a counselor at Pacific:

Hey STUDENT,
    First of all, congratulations on your acceptance into the 7 year Pre-Dent program. By no means is that a small accomplishment. Unfortunately you heard correctly. None of our Pre-Dent programs guarantees a spot at the dental school. It does however guarantee an interview. Having said that, the interview is a HUGE part of getting admitted into the dental school. Every year the dentals school gets several thousand applications and only interviews about 200 people. Of those 200 people about 90% get accepted. So the guaranteed interview is a pretty big advantage. If you have other questions let me know.

Keith Sanpei
    Assistant Director
    Office of Admission
    3601 Pacific Ave
    Stockton, CA 95211
    (209) 946-2211
    [email protected]
  • USXUSX Registered User Posts: 44 Junior Member
    Thx FutureDr08, any others?
    is the 2+3 program guareentee?
  • aa6590aa6590 Registered User Posts: 783 Member
    i got 2+3 option.

my stats should be in my profile or in other posts.
    any others?
    Thx, aa6590
This discussion has been closed.