Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Chance (really quick & short) me!!!!

124»

Replies to: Chance (really quick & short) me!!!!

• fahdh2fahdh2 Registered User Posts: 180 Junior Member
    With my experience around physicians for the past 10 years, if you do not truly want to become a doctor and do not exhibit a real passion for medicine, you will not be happy as a doctor. You will most likely (80-90% chance) be a miserable person if you choose to be a doctor for money, reputation, etc. You need to love medicine and love helping people; otherwise, you will be miserable. The 10-20% chance you will not be miserable is if you somehow come to love medicine and helping others; either way, you must exhibit these two qualities. Also, communication and "people" skills are extremely important. Arrogance will not bode well for you.

I suggest you explore different career paths. From your posts, it appears you are not actually passionate about becoming a doctor. Sure, you may put on a facade at the HPME interview and may get accepted into the program, but do you really want to be under such a facade for the rest of your life?
124»
This discussion has been closed.