Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Who is applying this year (CLASS of 2010)

fianchettofianchetto Registered User Posts: 280 Junior Member
edited January 2010 in Multiple Degree Programs
Who applied to BS/MD programs this year? I feel that this forum is so dead and that I'm the only one around. Show your hands if you're applying.

And discuss any questions you have.
Post edited by fianchetto on

Replies to: Who is applying this year (CLASS of 2010)

• fianchettofianchetto Registered User Posts: 280 Junior Member
    bump bump bump
  • g35xg35x Registered User Posts: 113 Junior Member
    I am! Nwestern, UMKC, Brown, SLU, USC, BU,
  • KallistosKallistos Registered User Posts: 37 Junior Member
    I am. Rice/Baylor (sent) Northwestern HPME (will send this week) UPitt Guaranteed Admit (over Xmas break)
    bump bump bump
  • schriztoschrizto Registered User Posts: 4,099 Senior Member
    GL 2010ers.
    shrizto, if u applied to Drexel BS/MD, Union/Albany, Pitt Guarantee, HPME, TCNJ/NJMS, or BU 7 year last year, when did u receive ur interview invite?

Thanks in advance.
  • schriztoschrizto Registered User Posts: 4,099 Senior Member
    I think for a few of them I got invites by mail of which the letters aren't with me at college, or by phone so the messages were long deleted. But Miami was definitely the earliest one to give me notice of an interview.

Interviewing all over the place is a huge hassle though.
  • lesmislovelesmislove Registered User Posts: 31 Junior Member
    I got my invite for the BU 7 year program late December/early January-ish last year...they really don't give you a lot of time to book your flight (my interview was in early February, I think.)
    bump
    anyone who applied PSU/Jefferson accepted to PSU undergrad? i still haven't heard back.
    Got an interview to SBU/GWU
  • doctor2bdoctor2b Registered User Posts: 154 Junior Member
    I applied to PSU-Jefferson, N'western HPME, Brown PLME, Boston U, Rice/Baylor, UMKC, Lehigh/Drexel, RPI/Albany, GW, Case, Rochester REMS, Kentucky, and Ohio State (I know, a lot...)

However, Penn State and N'western are my top choices over all of them.

And I got my PSU-Jefferson interview :)
    i applied to HPME, PLME, Case, UMKC, Baylor/Baylor, Drexel/Drexel, Boston, PSU/Jefferson, Pittsburgh Guarantee, RPI/Union/Albany, TCNJ/NJMS, USC BA/MD, SBU/GWU, and NEOUCOM.
  • The Kid 3The Kid 3 Registered User Posts: 9 New Member
    Fianchetto and Doctor2b, if you don't mind, may I ask what your stats and extracurriculars were?
  • doctor2bdoctor2b Registered User Posts: 154 Junior Member
    my gpa isnt that great but everything else is pretty good. also i took almost 20 AP classes, so the low gpa is kind of explained?

GPA: 3.52/4.1 UW/W [also high school was top 100 in country ranked by US News]
    SAT I: 2350 (790 M, 770 CR, 790 W)
    SAT II: Chem - 780, Math II - 800, Bio - 750

Med EC's: 100 hours hospital volunteer, shadowed rad. onc. and lung transplant team at Robert Wood and New York Presbyterian, contributed to NYP lung transplant team journal article published in American Journal of Respiratory and Critical Care Medicine, introduced cancer research/care fundraiser to high school

other EC's: school newspaper, Model UN, tutoring other HS students, jazz band [big one since we won state finals and traveled and won 1st place other places]

AP's: Calc BC, Chem, US Hist, Macroecon, Microecon, Bio, Spanish, Statistics, World Hist, English Lang, Music Theory, English Lit, Physics C, Gov Pol [this includes the ones im taking now in senior year]
    GPA: 3.955/4.250
    SAT I: 2340 (800CR, 770 M, 770W) superscored
    SAT II: 760 Chem, 790 Math II

ECs: usual hospital volunteering and some research

IB student, orchestra, All-State violinist, and some other stuff.
This discussion has been closed.