Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
The Forums will be unavailable Tuesday, June 25 starting at 9 am ET as we prepare for a major design update!

Wishing Everyone's Sons & Daughters a Safe Trip Home!

2»

Replies to: Wishing Everyone's Sons & Daughters a Safe Trip Home!

• stradmomstradmom Registered User Posts: 4,982 Senior Member
    Still waiting for D2 to get back from England. Her plane sat on the tarmac for 7 1/2 hours on Saturday before returning to the terminal. She's been returning to Heathrow every day and finally got her luggage back yesterday. Hopes to fly out tomorrow if they can keep the runways clear.

I was feeling so sorry for her until she mentioned she was emailing me from the Tate Museum while eating a chocolate muffin and sipping mulled wine.
  • SpiritManagerSpiritManager Registered User Posts: 2,866 Senior Member
    Stradmom - glad to see your daughter got some of your smarts! Now that's the right way to sit out a plane delay. Sorry to hear about the 7.5 hours on the tarmac though - that was my son last year at JFK! Got my fingers crossed for you to get her home soon.
  • POTO MomPOTO Mom Registered User Posts: 517 Member
    YAY. Mine is home. Left Cleveland in a snowstorm to come home to 65 degrees in the South. She said it doesn't look much like Christmas here!!! We might have some snow over the weekend I hear. First time I will have ever had a white Christmas in SC. I'll believe it when I see it.
  • Mezzo'sMamaMezzo'sMama Forum Champion Music Major Posts: 3,633 Forum Champion
    Mine is home, and now that I've moved nearer to her, it's easier, so I even have her cat visiting too!
    POTO Mom, snowstorm??? The city of Oberlin has been getting it pretty hard this month, but we haven't had any snow to speak of here since last Friday, so travel has been able to get back to normal out of Hopkins after being snarled the previous week. For those not from the Great Lakes region, snow squalls blow through in "beltlike" regions, and they are difficult to predict and can appear anywhere (took me years to understand that "flurries" meant up to 6", "squalls" could dump up to a foot, and anything stronger was classed as a "storm"!!). There is snow on the ground now, so we'll have a "White Christmas", but it now appears that the "big" storm that had been predicted to go through the upper Midwest on Christmas Eve has fizzled out..... If SC gets snow, let us know, I want to see pics!
    Merry Christmas!
  • stradmomstradmom Registered User Posts: 4,982 Senior Member
    D2 is home with piles and piles of what apparently are her younger sister's clothes that got to study abroad for a semester.
  • musicamusicamusicamusica Registered User Posts: 6,468 Senior Member
    Last of four Christmas eve gigs is a midnight service, so poor D will not be home till 1AM Christmas morning. But she feels fortunate to have the work in these lean times, so it will be a nice Christmas.
  • thumper1thumper1 Registered User Posts: 76,187 Senior Member
    DS is waiting for his connection at Midway even as we speak. He'll be home in 3 hours.
    MEZZO'SMAMA - Hey in the South if there's a lot of snow falling (even if it doesn't stick) we call it a snowstorm. YAY. We love snow. I have been hovering on weather.com this morning trying to see if we are going to get snow here today. We're hoping for it this afternoon. Will have pics for sure. It hasn't snowed here on Christmas Day since 1963 - they had that on the news last night. MERRY CHRISTMAS everybody!
    It started lightly snowing at 2 pm just as predicted and supposed to snow all night. It won't be much but at least it's white! First White Christmas in SC in over 45 years.
  • Mezzo'sMamaMezzo'sMama Forum Champion Music Major Posts: 3,633 Forum Champion
    Yay. POTOMom!!! When I heard that it did snow in SC, I immediately thought of you and your family and hoped that you were safe and enjoying a white Christmas!!
This discussion has been closed.