Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Prescreening Results

Replies to: Prescreening Results

• drummerkiddrummerkid Registered User Posts: 24 New Member
    Anyone hear from SUNY Purchase for Jazz??
  • BassBoyMomBassBoyMom Registered User Posts: 19 New Member
    Does this mean letters forthcoming mean a rejections?
  • Skacore88Skacore88 Registered User Posts: 8 New Member
    I wasn't informed of anything in the email about any letters, so I have no idea.

However I wasn't very confident with my Contemporary pre-screening, as I was rushed for time, but I still made it past so don't count anything out just yet!
    Did you submit both audio and video pre screen materials? The website stated that both were required. My S only submitted audio, though he had a video that he used for other schools. For when is your audition scheduled? He is applying for the jazz program and requested a Feb 18 date. I had heard no pass communication came through posted letters, but pass pre-screen came through email.
  • GizmusicGizmusic Registered User Posts: 17 New Member
    BassBoyMom, my S submitted audio and video, as did another friend from Virginia. Both students received emails saying they had passed the pre-screening. My son's date is Feb. 18th. I hate to say it, but I think you have cause to be concerned. I am still hoping for you!
    Gizmusic, thank you very much for the feedback. I think my S has cause for concern as well. It's unfortunate because Miami is his top choice for Jazz. He's been invited to audition live at all (4) other music schools. He will communicate his mistake to the admissions department and I hope they will allow him to augment the audio pre-screen with his video materials. Please keep your fingers crossed for him.
  • AmusicmommaAmusicmomma Registered User Posts: 14 New Member
    D has invite from Carnegie Mellon for voice. No reply from Eastman yet. Has anyone heard anything yet from Eastman?
  • Skacore88Skacore88 Registered User Posts: 8 New Member
    Yeah I sent in a live video recording of my performance, so that definitely might have something to do with it. I think my friend also sent in just an audio recording though, so I'll see if he made it past pre-screening with just that and post that info here once he lets me know.

Both of my Frost auditions are January 29th at the school.
  • thelovelybonesthelovelybones Registered User Posts: 82 Junior Member
    I heard back from Eastman a month ago! I am a violinist though, maybe it's different for voice.
  • flute1298flute1298 Registered User Posts: 458 Member
    We haven't heard from Eastman yet either; for flute.
  • hmh3515hmh3515 Registered User Posts: 87 Junior Member
    D has live auditions at SFCM and Oberlin. Still waiting to hear from four others. Did not pass NEC.
    What instrument does your D play? I am a violinist and still hasn't heard back from NEC yet...
  • hmh3515hmh3515 Registered User Posts: 87 Junior Member
    D is a vocalist and heard via email from NEC three weeks ago.
  • glassharmonicaglassharmonica Registered User Posts: 3,222 Senior Member
    thelovelybones, FYI, last year my violinist daughter got an email with her NEC audition date on January 5th.
    thank you! just a couple more days...
This discussion has been closed.