Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Music Industry programs

nyclcknyclck Registered User Posts: 8 New Member
edited September 2005 in Music Major
To those who are in or have graduated from a Music Industry program in the LA area, how do the programs compare? Although I am highly interested in attending USC, I don't know how I can afford it. Am I better off starting at a state school and transferring in later? Or can I possibly receive equal benefit by graduating from Northridge's program (for example) and then going to grad school at USC? A strong academic base is just as important to me as the 'Music Indutry' degree. I am trying to be practical, yet I want a great education. Thanks.
Post edited by nyclck on

Replies to: Music Industry programs

• NikaraNikara Registered User Posts: 1,151 Senior Member
    What are your stats. You may be eligable for scholarship/financial aid.
  • nyclcknyclck Registered User Posts: 8 New Member
    Nikara- thanks. My stats are not that great. Although I will be applying for aid, I am assuming the cost will be on me at this point. So I am seeking to find others in the program who know about both programs. I don't want to waste my time at Northridge if the program is not good....
This discussion has been closed.