right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
We've updated the Topics page of our website to better organize and share our expert content. Read more about it here.

Class of 2024 undergrad/Class of 2022 grad: The Tours, the Auditions, the Journey

1789101113»

Replies to: Class of 2024 undergrad/Class of 2022 grad: The Tours, the Auditions, the Journey

• Racingfan53Racingfan53 69 replies7 threadsRegistered User Junior Member
    @JeJeJe thank you so much! that's very helpful.
    · Reply · Share
  • diglassdiglass 178 replies5 threadsRegistered User Junior Member
    @tlrgrills Please let us know if you have any specific questions. It may be helpful to know what genre of music your child wants to study ie, Jazz, Commercial/Pop or Classical. What schools are on your duaghters list?
    · Reply · Share
  • mom2clarinetobsessedkidmom2clarinetobsessedkid 70 replies1 threadsRegistered User Junior Member
    What a wonderful article, @akapiratequeen! I have printed it to re-read throughout this season. I seem to need frequent reminders! ;-) It took us several years to embrace the idea of a music major for our kid, but we've come around to the idea that it is the best possible choice for the particular kid.

Had the realization yesterday that we are exactly 2 MONTHS from our first application/prescreen deadlines. !!! Its getting real!
    · Reply · Share
  • akapiratequeenakapiratequeen 1010 replies34 threadsRegistered User Senior Member
    Time will speed up from here, @mom2clarinetobsessedkid ! Do you have a list? Is everyone feeling on track and comfortable?
    · Reply · Share
  • mom2clarinetobsessedkidmom2clarinetobsessedkid 70 replies1 threadsRegistered User Junior Member
    Your words ring true, @akapiratequeen! As if we needed anything to hurry senior year along. Time is already flying!

List? Yes. On track? Ish. Comfortable? Lol!

Actually, I think we're probably right where we're supposed to be. This group has helped us to prepare in so many ways. I just need to keep reminding myself that things will get done, and that our kids will end up where they are meant to be. Deep breaths. Keep forging ahead!
    · Reply · Share
  • AmyIzzyAmyIzzy 293 replies7 threadsRegistered User Member
    Love that piece @akapiratequeen! It really says it all. We never really doubted our choice to let our daughter pursue music in college. She is headstrong and passionate about her path so she would have found a way with or without our support. She always leaned towards the liberal arts schools vs. conservatories (seemed to want a balance of music and academics for a more well-rounded approach, but she still had conservatories on her final list and kept an open mind as did we as her parents.) I do have friends who have recently told their daughter they won’t support her studying musical theatre unless she can double major “to give her more security” and it has become a battle already. I can agree that senior year flies by but sounds like the 2024 parents are in good shape! We are always happy to help!
    · Reply · Share
  • SweetStringsSweetStrings 15 replies0 threadsRegistered User Junior Member
    Loved that article! It was really well written. I’m thankful for a very quiet and extra long Labor Day weekend where my D got so much done! Hurricane Dorian kept us at home here in Florida all weekend so we made major progress on the college application process. Lots of time for practicing when you can’t go out too. Now I’m feeling much more settled about her final list and where we are. Next I need to plan out these prescreen recordings.
    · Reply · Share
  • tubamamatubamama 7 replies1 threadsRegistered User New Member
    Checking in to see how things are going. My son has gotten 8 out of 10 applications done and working on pre-screening now. We've gotten 1 audition date nailed down so far and trying to predict some of the others so we can start booking airfare while the prices are cheap. Planning to book all flights on Southwest so we can cancel without a penalty if needed. Things are moving very fast. I'm glad he's gotten most of the apps done. The essays have taken up a lot of his time. Now he can get back to practicing :)
    · Reply · Share