right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
GUEST STUDENT OF THE WEEK: Rohan is a freshman at Dartmouth (and loves it) having gotten in ED for the Class of 2023. He's here to debunk myths regarding admissions and student life at his school. ASK HIM ANYTHING!
Make sure to check out our May Checklists for HS Juniors and HS Seniors. Consult these quick resources to get you started on the process this month.
As we work to adjust to the current reality, make sure to check out these dedicated COVID-19 resources: our directory of virtual campus tours, our directory of extended deadlines, as well as the list of schools going test optional this fall.

Manhattan school of Music – MSM class of 2024

user_752736user_752736 54 replies6 threads Junior Member
The waiting is killing me. Has anyone heard about their Admissions decision from Manhattan school of music?
24 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Manhattan school of Music – MSM class of 2024

• HishamAbdullaHishamAbdulla 1 replies0 threads New Member
    It's annoying me as well. I'm waiting for the same and haven't heard anything yet. Everything is for my daughter and even I went to hire a maid to take care of every household things to stay focused, and still having to wait for a long like this is really disgusting...
    · Reply · Share
  • bridgenailbridgenail 1199 replies6 threads Senior Member
    In the past, MSM has been one of the later ones to release results...mid to late March. My D auditioned there a few years ago. I think they may still be auditioning...and I don't believe that they roll results. You can call the administration and ask how/when they release results...just so you have an idea.
    · Reply · Share
  • MomOfSingersMomOfSingers 134 replies10 threads Junior Member
    What is your child's instrument or major? MSM is auditioning the classical instrumentalists and vocalists for another two + weeks. Did the school say they were releasing acceptances this early? This seems super early for MSM! We were told mid-March.
    · Reply · Share
  • GalaOvsiGalaOvsi 9 replies0 threads New Member
    My daughter is auditionig next week.
    · Reply · Share
  • user_752736user_752736 54 replies6 threads Junior Member
    We heard back from Manhattan school of music last night through the portal. They did not send an email ..unfortunately it was a No for us.
    · Reply · Share
  • IronCitEEIronCitEE 52 replies0 threads Junior Member
    @user_752736, @HishamAbdulla, and @GalaOvsi, not much help but the MSM website says that "Admissions results are available no later than April 1st." My D is auditioning on March 4 (next Wed) for BM Violin Performance.
    · Reply · Share
  • bridgenailbridgenail 1199 replies6 threads Senior Member
    Note that this is the MUSIC forum...not MT. I'm wondering if MT releases earlier (and that is the result listed above). @user_752736 could you share your instrument or did you audition for MT?

If anyone is interested in MT results, plz check the MT forum. This forum is for the MUSIC school only. The music program has traditionally released results later...but things can change...so you can always call the school.
    · Reply · Share
    Fyi, at the info session on Wednesday, MSM said that all admission decisions would be communicated on March 31. No earlier, no later. Good luck everyone!
    · Reply · Share
  • GalaOvsiGalaOvsi 9 replies0 threads New Member
    How is MSM in terms of financial aid/reward? It is quite expensive. Do you all have means to pay for it? :)
    · Reply · Share
    @GalaOvsi, unfortunately I missed the financial aid portion of the information session on audition day. I'm hoping that MSM is heavily endowed and able to offer substantial gifts and/or scholarships to a good portion of admitted students, but I don't know. Hopefully, others have better information.
    · Reply · Share
  • tubaboom44tubaboom44 1 replies0 threads New Member
    Today's the day! Has anyone gotten results yet?
    · Reply · Share
  • meymeystringsmeymeystrings 3 replies0 threads New Member
    Not yet. Still waiting to hear back Wonder when responses will arrive
    · Reply · Share
  • mominwestlakemominwestlake 83 replies33 threads Junior Member
    What are they waiting for?!
    · Reply · Share
    @Maverick8 on the music acceptance thread said that "MSM just told me that they were trying to release by tonight." 😩
    · Reply · Share
    My D has been accepted (BM Violin Performance)! No e-mail yet. She checked the portal.
    · Reply · Share
    Accepted for jazz guitar w/ scholarship
    · Reply · Share
    that’s incredible
    · Reply · Share
  • MomOfSingersMomOfSingers 134 replies10 threads Junior Member
    Son was accepted for classical voice, undergrad. Email to check portal. Merit scholarship given in acceptance letter.
    · Reply · Share
    edited April 3
    I just received this response by e-mail from MSM re: the financials: "We plan on releasing the financial aid award notification later today. We had sent a notice to our incoming students that we would send the FA notice within 3 days of the acceptance letter. Sorry for any confusion." I don't remember seeing any such notice before, but at least we know the plan now.
    edited April 3
    · Reply · Share