Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Help with what kinds of conservatories/programs I should be looking at

13»

Replies to: Help with what kinds of conservatories/programs I should be looking at

• veteranmomveteranmom Registered User Posts: 139 Junior Member
    You're forgetting Lynn Harrell, Alisa Weilerstein, and Truls Mork, people.
  • Mezzo'sMamaMezzo'sMama Forum Champion Music Major Posts: 3,557 Forum Champion
    Alisa Weilerstein is now an Artist-in-Residence at CIM, where she had been a member of their Young Artists Program. I am really hoping to get a chance to hear her in person this year.
  • shennieshennie Registered User Posts: 2,467 Senior Member
    I am not sure about Truls Mork, but the other 2 teach in addition to performing. My main statement still stands. There are only a few cellists who earn their living exclusively through performing. Even the best ones teach as well.
  • 88fingers88fingers Registered User Posts: 51 Junior Member
    Viola Dad, How do you search for a thread from a particular person as you refered to in this last post about composition?
  • violadadvioladad Registered User Posts: 6,645 Senior Member
    Click on the poster's name (in the left margin) of a post the poster has written.

A drop down menu appears. Click "find more posts"

Edit:
    Another way is click the search this forum button towards the right top of the page.

A box will open.

Click advanced. This is the search function. Just follow the search instructions that open.
  • music4umusic4u Registered User Posts: 8 New Member
    I agree with the other folks who said your first batch of schools are just as hard to get into as the others. I think Northwestern University's Bienen School of Music is a big stretch since you must have excellent academics as well as talent. And for all the schools, competition is fierce for cello.
13»
This discussion has been closed.