Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Hi there! You may have noticed things have changed on this site. You can learn more about that here.

Montclair help pllleeeeaaasssseee???

mtdudemtdude Registered User Posts: 37 Junior Member
edited November 2010 in Musical Theater Major
Hey there! I am a current senior who has already applied to 9 schools but I think I could use more and after researching the school it seems like the 10th and final school on my list should be Montclair! I applied to mainly reach/big schools.. but how is the mt program? is it REALLY solid? i really want a SOLID, well-formatted, successful mt program? Are current students happy? It seems like a blessing being SO close to the city, but still on a campus!! HOw would Montclair compare to other places such as Elon, Florida State, Texas State, or Emerson? Are students successful after graduation.. are there really good connections??? HELP PLEASE!! REALLY INTERESTED!!
Post edited by mtdude on

Replies to: Montclair help pllleeeeaaasssseee???

• onstageonstage Registered User Posts: 1,250 Senior Member
    A student of mine recently graduated from Montclair. I think she got an excellent education, and have seen a huge improvement in her skills. The program went through some ups and downs in the earlier years, but I think has stabilized recently. Being so close to NYC was great for the students; and some of the faculty was active in the NYC theater industry. I saw quite a few productions there, and all were very good. The facilities are brand new and very state-of-the-art. I know that some graduates have done quite well, but can't give you any precise statistics. I don't think the school has the reputation, yet, of the other schools you mentioned -- the MT program is only about 10 years old. But that should change in the future -- it's a good program.
  • IBEElieveINUIBEElieveINU Registered User Posts: 87 Junior Member
    I just saw Monclairs' Performance of Sweeny Todd on sunday, and all I have to say is OOOOOOMMMMMMGGGGGG!!!!! You should have seen it!!!!
This discussion has been closed.