Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Sign Up For Free

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

  • Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Really not sure what to do anymore.

TheatreG14TheatreG14 Registered User Posts: 50 Junior Member
edited April 2012 in Musical Theater Major
So to make a long story short I auditioned, went through all that and ended up getting into a theatre program here in my city and Cap21 in NY. I'm Canadian so Cap is forced to defer my start date till they can administer the i-20 and give me a student visa. Ive gotten all sorts of advice telling me to wait it out and see if they'll be able to get approved by the US government before I graduate but I'm getting less hopeful each day and at this point I'm not sure if I should:

-Accept the offer of the program in my city that really isnt the absolute best around

-Keep waiting for Cap

-Just accept no one and start getting ready to audition for more schools again next year

I'm really at a stand still with all of this so any help or advice would be appreciated. Thanks
Post edited by TheatreG14 on

Replies to: Really not sure what to do anymore.

  • kksmom5kksmom5 Registered User Posts: 546 Member
    If you already feel that your local program is not where you will be happy and thrive, I would say wait and audition next year. It might be helpful to get some advice regarding your school list and material you are auditioning with and then you can have some viable choices next year. As many people have said here on CC, if you start a program and then transfer (which is tricky in itself) then in many, many cases you will have to start over as a freshman anyway. Using Skype for coaching may be the key for you if you have limited resources in your area. PM me if you would like details about the coaching group my D used - they are wonderful.
This discussion has been closed.