Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

The Long Wait

Replies to: The Long Wait

• photomom5photomom5 Registered User Posts: 809 Member
    PelkyAgain...that was a great idea, thank you!!!
  • PelkyAgainPelkyAgain Registered User Posts: 202 Junior Member
    Here are the earliest regular decision acceptance dates I found on CC for a few schools that do not have rolling admissions:

CMU 3/18
    Baldwin-Wallace 3/9
    BoCo 3/31
    Emerson 3/14
    Pace 2/24
    Northwestern 3/23
  • Times3Times3 Registered User Posts: 1,373 Senior Member
    ^^I think you can add Otterbein--that's one I remember checking out, and it looked like last year they notified people (regular decision, all outcomes) by phone on March 6th. Feel free to double-check, though! :)
  • kadiebluekadieblue Registered User Posts: 54 Junior Member
    Does anyone know if Syracuse is rolling?
  • halflokumhalflokum Registered User Posts: 1,870 Senior Member
    I don't know about Syracuse but here are a few more dates from last year (when my daughter heard and yes to the dates stated above for Northwestern and Emerson too):

U Mich 2/15 (from a 1/20 on campus audition. In general you hear back in about 3 weeks.)
    U Miami 3/8
    NYU 3/29
    Boston U 3/24
    UCLA 3/24 (the UC notification dates are always posted and adhered to so that one you can just look up to know this year’s date)
    U of Arts 3/3
    Ithaca 3/15 (they do a modified rolling admission. My daughter was at their very last audition 2/25 but I know there are kids that audition much earlier and didn’t hear until the end and others who heard really quickly so you can’t judge much on dates from this.)
  • FlossyFlossy Registered User Posts: 3,121 Senior Member
    Syracuse is not rolling but they admit and deny in three waves about two weeks apart. We heard in late March.
  • ManVanManVan Registered User Posts: 117 Junior Member
    Here was my son’s timeline:
    > Feb 8th: Auditioned at the 2011 Unfieds in Chicago
    > Feb 10th: Received his “Hold” email
    > The week of Feb 27th (I forget the date): He was officially accepted w/preliminary scholarship offers (A very Happy Day indeed.)
    > March 10th-11th: Visited the campus to see the program
    > The week of March 14th: My son accepted the placement
    Thanks for all the information! Manvan, was that for Syracuse? What is the 'hold' email?
  • abparentabparent Registered User Posts: 320 Member
    kadieblue,

Last year our son auditioned for Syracuse at NY Unified's, Superbowl weekend, and was notified of acceptance by email w/ a link on 3/16. Hope this helps.
  • ManVanManVan Registered User Posts: 117 Junior Member
    The school was CCM and the "hold" email was that he was under "serious consideration" until they got through the rest of the Unified Auditions. He also received straight admittals from other schools at that time.
    Thanks very much!
  • Christie2Christie2 Registered User Posts: 383 Member
    NYU traditionally posts emails to ALL acceptances the final Friday of March. Since you can only apply to one school within the university, and if you are accepted into NYU, it implies acceptance to that school, this notification date is true for all NYU students, regardless of major. There is a bit of humor attached: every year they post on the NYU student website a video of the registrar (or dean or whatever) with his thumb poised over the SEND button to all the preloaded acceptance notifications. There is a countdown, the button is pushed, and the department has a PARTY! After hours, of couse . . . My daughter's notification arrived about 1:00 PM Pacific Coast time. Hang in there, everyone!
  • stagedoor22stagedoor22 Registered User Posts: 132 Junior Member
    In past years, Penn State has notified a few early, but the majority of the MT class is notified by snail mail the week after the last audition. Also in previous years, they have alternated the class size between 12 and 14. I believe this is a "12" year. (But things change - I have no inside information as to what they will do this year.)
  • Dramamamaof4Dramamamaof4 Registered User Posts: 91 Junior Member
    Christie2- "NYU traditionally posts emails to ALL acceptances the final Friday of March" Seriously...March 29? That seems sooooo far away :(
  • Christie2Christie2 Registered User Posts: 383 Member
    Yep-as I understand it, NYU posts that they will send out acceptances on April 1, but then send emails on the Friday before. It's been that way for a few years, but who knows . . . has your student applied to Tisch or Steinhardt?
This discussion has been closed.