Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Introducing a New Expert Content Section: Careers!

RIP Kevin Gray

CollegeMom08CollegeMom08 Registered User Posts: 239 Junior Member
edited February 2013 in Musical Theater Major
Broadway performer and Hartt professor Kevin Gray passes away at age 55. How sad. Condolences to his family, friends and the Hartt School.

Broadway's Kevin Gray Dies at 55; Starred in PHANTOM, THE LION KING, SHOWBOAT, SPIDER WOMAN & More
Post edited by CollegeMom08 on

Replies to: RIP Kevin Gray

• monkey13monkey13 Registered User Posts: 1,029 Senior Member
    Very, very sad. And he was so young.
  • OddDadOddDad Registered User Posts: 153 Junior Member
    What a shock! He was involved with my daughter's audition at Chicago Unifieds. Such a terrible loss!
  • broadway95broadway95 Registered User Posts: 742 Member
    So hard to believe- like oddDad's daughter we just saw him at Unifieds..in fact he was out talking to the parents during part of the dance call
  • AdaQuinceAdaQuince Registered User Posts: 209 Junior Member
    This is very sad news. He was VERY involved at Chicago Unifieds as a visible and friendly rep that was fielding questions from both parents and students. Such a big loss for the Hartt School. Condolences to family and friends.
  • MTDancerMomMTDancerMom Registered User Posts: 90 Junior Member
    I am so sorry to hear that. My daughter and I were very impressed with his energy and intensity when we met him at the Chicago Unifieds.
  • MTmama2013MTmama2013 Registered User Posts: 44 Junior Member
    So so sad! I told my son, who said his conversation with him was his favorite part of the Hartt audition.
  • photomom5photomom5 Registered User Posts: 809 Member
    My son called me from high school to tell me (I already knew from a friend). He is so sad, if he went to Hartt, was so looking forward to working with him. So very young...
  • Eve848Eve848 Registered User Posts: 58 Junior Member
    Truly a horrible loss. At Chicago unifieds, he came off as a passionate, caring and intelligent man. Rest in peace.
  • Gwen FairfaxGwen Fairfax Registered User Posts: 2,435 Senior Member
    The students, and faculty, at Hartt are devastated. He embodied that program ("passionate, caring, and intelligent"--I couldn't have put it better, Eve.) He had so many plans and so much energy--he'd have been a force for the good in American theater as long as he lived.

They had a kind of master class/memorial yesterday, with the whole theater division singing together. D said it was most moving thing she's ever seen. Just too sad.
  • boone7boone7 Registered User Posts: 7 New Member
    That's terrible. I had the pleasure of auditioning for him in Chicago and was very impressed, not to mention the Complete Symphonic Recording of Miss Saigon in which he plays the engineer is one of my favorite soundtracks. I am very sorry to hear this.
This discussion has been closed.