Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Thank you's after auditions: yes or no??

13»

Replies to: Thank you's after auditions: yes or no??

• LondreamLondream Registered User Posts: 136 Junior Member
    At this point I have sent out 5 thank you E-mails and already heard back from Mountclair, CalArts and CMU.
  • sillymomssillymoms Registered User Posts: 31 Junior Member
    what did you hear from CalArts?
  • LondreamLondream Registered User Posts: 136 Junior Member
    Just responses to my Thank yous.
  • Walker1194Walker1194 Registered User Posts: 1,005 Senior Member
    I consider it polite to send a thank you note. The theatre is a small world and you don't know when you will end up working together. My D wrote thank yous at Unifieds in the evenings and hand delivered them the next day. She did reference something that happened in the interview if at all possible. For example, at a dance call, one of the adjudicators pointed out my D's sparkly purple headband and referred to her as sparkly headband during the session. The next day she walked into the room to perform her song and monologue choices. As soon as the lady looked up she said, "it's sparkly headband!" When my D wrote her note to them she signed her name and put AKA Sparkly Headband" under it. Very nice way for them to keep track :)
  • prodesseprodesse Registered User Posts: 1,304 Senior Member
    That's why many actors make sure to wear the same outfit for the callback that they wore for the first round.
13»
This discussion has been closed.