I had audition for 3 schools (well 2 if you dont count AMDA) and out of all 3 of them I made it into AMDA along with a 5,000$ scholarship. It seems to me that some feel the school is a scam and in fact there are some great things about it.
1. I can still get a BFA through the New School in NY, since AMDA's credits can be used towards the degree in the school (however I have to wait until I graduate).
2. It is right in New York City.
3. They too have a show case of some sort for the seniors.
4. They have there own theater (off-off- Broadway)
5. A lot of the teachers are from well established Colleges and Theater backgrounds.
6. There Alumni include many working and employed actors.
7. A BFA at Boco (or any other college) and a certificate really mean nothing on the street of professional theater (Unless you want to Teach).
Please me tell me why AMDA is so bad?