Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Programs that don't allow freshmen to perform

13»

Replies to: Programs that don't allow freshmen to perform

• TNMTDADTNMTDAD Registered User Posts: 189 Junior Member
    The no access to the stage policy as a freshman at Webster is why we took it off of our list. Freshmen get cast at Viterbo. D has been cast 3 out of her 4 semesters. A freshman is playing Lucy right now in Avenue Q. I also remember when we visited OCU that we were told it's your job as a freshman to come in and "put in on" the upperclassmen. But, having said this, I would not advise any of my students in the future to strike schools from their lists because freshmen are benched. Not getting cast as a freshman is usually the norm. It does happen and often at some places. But, so much growth takes place in that first year as a performer that it's not that big of a deal to not get cast as a freshman. I think what stinks for most of our kids is that they are coming from high schools and environments where they have been involved in theatre since forever and the thought of not being in a production for a year seems unimaginable.
13»
This discussion has been closed.