right arrow
Make sure to check out our July Checklists for HS Juniors and HS Seniors. Consult these quick resources to get you started on the process this month.
GUEST STUDENT OF THE WEEK: ehales3 is a rising sophomore at Cornell University. As a high school student, she always thought that she wanted to study in a more urban environment, but has grown to love Ithaca and all that it offers. ASK HER ANYTHING!
As we work to adjust to the current reality, make sure to check out these dedicated COVID-19 resources: our directory of virtual campus tours, our directory of extended deadlines, as well as the list of schools going test optional this fall.

Double Majoring with MT ~ A correction by my kid ;)

MTTwinsinCA2MTTwinsinCA2 36 replies4 threads Junior Member
After hearing me say the "wrong" thing the other day for the zillionth time, my Rider grad corrected me the other day and I thought it was worth mentioning here. When you do a BFA MT and "double-major" you're actually a DUAL DEGREE student. In his case, it was BFA MT and BA Arts Administration. So not only are you meeting the reqs for 4-year BFA curriculum, but trying to fit in a BA curriculum as well. Son tells me this is important distinction that shouldn't be overlooked, since that means figuring out the BA gen-eds (hence the need for online courses and/or APs/IBs) to crowbar those in. In his case, the reward was actually two diplomas on the wall. But it's a lot of work. So there ya go -- DUAL DEGREE students, not DOUBLE MAJORS if we're talking BFA+BA route.

(Also, it's still me, aka @MTTwinsinCA, for some reason I cannot login to that account...)
1 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Double Majoring with MT ~ A correction by my kid ;)

This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity