right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Final MT Decisions Background - Class of 2022

artskidsartskids 1526 replies22 threadsRegistered User Senior Member
edited February 2018 in Musical Theater Major
Believe it or not - we will need this thread soon so setting it as a placeholder. Hopefully, a moderator can pin it to the top.

Below are the categories from prior years and a link to last year's thread:

https://talk.collegeconfidential.com/musical-theater-major/1966956-final-decisions-background-class-of-2021.html#latest

Programs Applied to:

Prescreens:

Accepted to:

Rejected from:

Wait-listed at:

Coach:

Summer Programs:

Final Decision:
edited February 2018
425 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Final MT Decisions Background - Class of 2022

• MTdaughter99MTdaughter99 23 replies1 threadsRegistered User Junior Member
    edited February 2018
    Happy to get the ball rolling on this thread for my D! Hopefully it's OK to post here even if the "Final Decision" hasn't been made yet as we are waiting to hear back from all programs and take visits to the schools that accepted my D....

Programs Applied to: Nebraska Wesleyan, UM, CCM, CMU, OU, Ball State, Ohio Northern, Otterbein, BoCo (video submisson), Webster, Roosevelt (CCPA), Northwestern (Acting)

Prescreens: UM

Accepted to: Nebraska Wesleyan MT, Ohio Northern MT, Otterbein MT

Rejected from: UM, OU

Wait-listed at:

Coach:

Summer Programs: CMU Pre-College Drama

Final Decision:
    edited February 2018
    · Reply · Share
  • MTdaughter99MTdaughter99 23 replies1 threadsRegistered User Junior Member
    edited February 2018
    Mods: Can you please delete my reply (post #1 and now this post #2) in this thread? I realized too late that this thread was devoted to final decisions only.....thanks!!
    edited February 2018
    · Reply · Share
  • MTDadandProudMTDadandProud 453 replies14 threadsRegistered User Member
    Bumping this up. Surely we should start getting some final decisions? Can an admin pin this thread?
    · Reply · Share
  • actorparent1actorparent1 754 replies6 threadsRegistered User Member
    Congratulations!
    · Reply · Share
  • Notmath1Notmath1 554 replies36 threadsRegistered User Member
    @MTiskillingme WOW, that is impressive. I know you want annon but can you tell us if you used a coach? No name necessary. And best wishes and celebrate!
    · Reply · Share
  • MTMOM17MTMOM17 380 replies10 threadsRegistered User Member
    Congrats, @MTiskillingme! That's awesome!
    · Reply · Share
  • MTiskillingmeMTiskillingme 12 replies0 threadsRegistered User New Member
    @Notmath1 We did not use a coach. I was very clueless going into this process. He had done research, and we learned a lot at a fall visit to Penn State. That would be one piece of advice I would give to a clueless parent that is getting on board late in the game. Visit a competitive school early. They were very informative about the whole process. For this I will be forever grateful to PSU!
    · Reply · Share
  • artskidsartskids 1526 replies22 threadsRegistered User Senior Member
    PSU is amazing! D was waitlisted, then released. A sad day in our house!
    · Reply · Share
  • MThopeful2022MThopeful2022 203 replies1 threadsRegistered User Junior Member
    Congratulations @MTiskillingme !!
    · Reply · Share
  • AlexaMTAlexaMT 621 replies27 threadsRegistered User Member
    @anotherBwaymom - Welcome to the Chanticleer family! Selfishly, I'd love to see you post here so I can learn more about your d's journey!
    · Reply · Share
  • anotherBwaymomanotherBwaymom 123 replies1 threadsRegistered User Junior Member
    @AlexaMT Thanks so much!! I am waiting on one more decision before I post! But, she totally chose Coastal immediately after audition day! Couldn’t be more thrilled for her!
    · Reply · Share
  • journeytothepastjourneytothepast 71 replies0 threadsRegistered User Junior Member
    Long-time reader (and musical theater lover - hence my username being a reference to my all-time favorite movie-turned-musical "Anastasia") here who finally joined this forum earlier today. I've loved reading about people's final decisions over the past year or two, and I can't wait to see where everyone ends up! :D
    · Reply · Share
  • anotherBwaymomanotherBwaymom 123 replies1 threadsRegistered User Junior Member
    Congrats!!!
    · Reply · Share
  • CallieneCalliene 837 replies19 threadsRegistered User Member
    @NJMOM24 if you want to join the MSU parent FB page, PM me. :-)
    · Reply · Share
  • lojosmolojosmo 697 replies10 threadsRegistered User Member
    Bump. Moderators can we get this pinned please?
    · Reply · Share
  • mtmom911mtmom911 71 replies1 threadsRegistered User Junior Member
    congratulations!
    · Reply · Share