right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Final MT Decisions Background - Class of 2023

Replies to: Final MT Decisions Background - Class of 2023

• CaMom13CaMom13 1869 replies12 threadsRegistered User Senior Member
    WTG @floodedlungs - thanks for the detailed information, I am sure it will help future applicants! Congratulations on WIU and I hope you have a wonderful freshman year.
    · Reply · Share
  • MTdreamzMTdreamz 250 replies0 threadsRegistered User Junior Member
    @floodedlungs I am impressed with how much you accomplished on your own and so glad you had such a great experience with your Mom! You should be proud - sounds like you will have a wonderful 4 years at WIU!
    · Reply · Share
  • NYYFanNowMTdadNYYFanNowMTdad 225 replies1 threadsRegistered User Junior Member
    @floodedlungs thanks for sharing & congrats!!
    · Reply · Share
  • lithpoollithpool 411 replies14 threadsRegistered User Member
    @floodedlungs Congratulations and thank you for sharing!!
    · Reply · Share
  • 4angels4angels 134 replies1 threadsRegistered User Junior Member
    Ok, I'm ready to share my D's story in the next few days. Do I just post it here in the replies?
    · Reply · Share
  • lojosmolojosmo 700 replies10 threadsRegistered User Member
    @4angels ~ I think that is the way to post on threads now. It is a reply to the topic.
    · Reply · Share
    Holy Moly! You said 13 schools but meant 31! Wowza! So very happy your D found her perfect fit at MSU and I hope she has a great freshman year!!!
    · Reply · Share
  • MTDad2025MTDad2025 62 replies1 threadsRegistered User Junior Member
    First off, congrats to you and your daughter. One question: Of the schools your daughter was accepted to, which one(s) have cost of enrollment of over $100K per year?
    · Reply · Share
    @MTDad2025 - I was thinking there was some "rounding" involved both on the total cost of attendance figures and the scholarships - No schools have a six-figure price tag and few will offer 50K in scholarships. The highest priced schools I know of hover in the high 70ks for tuition, room and board. If the OP lives very far away from the school(s) in question it's possible travel expenses would add up and some schools don't guarantee housing for all 4 years so you need to consider the price of local apartments, etc.
    · Reply · Share
  • DramaLove2020DramaLove2020 60 replies4 threadsRegistered User Junior Member
    I am hoping someone can help me here since you all did this last year! I have my prescreens filmed - but I am worried that it is too soon and that I should do them again to get them a little stronger. However, I also know that I will always think that they aren't quite perfect enough.... it's just how I am! How soon is too soon? And how much time and effort should I give to doing and redoing and redoing etc. etc. I just am afraid that they will never be good enough for what I want and I am stressing about something that I should just say is done and move on! Any advice ? How much time did you spend? I worked on all my material all spring and summer and filmed in the last two weeks so everything is done now!
    · Reply · Share
    @MTDad2025 I definitely rounded, and added in all fees, living expenses, etc. Rider, Oklahoma City (tons of extras and hidden fees and), Illinois Wesleyan were crazy high on paper. Oklahoma City BM had been a very specific dream, and she adored IWU and Rider- but even after very generous scholarships we were still looking at around $50k out of pocket each year. ROI just didn't make sense in the end.
    · Reply · Share
    @CaMom13 you are correct. We added in flights, fees, etc. and I have a masters in rhetoric which makes me an exaggerator by nature. Ha! Most of her big scholarship offers were because of her academics being so high.
    · Reply · Share
  • KkrazieKkrazie 126 replies1 threadsRegistered User Junior Member
    edited August 24
    @4angels YEP so true. Some of these private mt “dream schools” when it’s all said and done are pricey even with scholarships. We too passed on those kind of schools once analyzed final dollars. Folks it’s bigger than the prescreens & auditions. Upon final decisions it’s super enlightening to analyze all financial costs once offers are made & scholarships dollars allotted. Have a balanced list for sure. Especially financially with all costs of going to a school considered.
    edited August 24
    · Reply · Share
  • NYYFanNowMTdadNYYFanNowMTdad 225 replies1 threadsRegistered User Junior Member
    @Kkrazie @4angels or others perhaps you could enlighten us on the other " hidden fees" beside maybe the obvious or individual type stuff like travel and incidentals. i have heard some schools have an additional charge for voice lessons weekly or the accompanist with those weekly lessons ,and i also heard that those fees vary widely, but really dont know much beside the obvious tuition, room and board....would be helpful for us in class of '24 to think about those items now? thanks in advance
    · Reply · Share
  • Notmath1Notmath1 562 replies36 threadsRegistered User Member
    edited August 24
    @NYYFanNowMTdad I have never heard of charges for voice lessons? Please give more info
    edited August 24
    · Reply · Share
    edited August 24
    @Notmath1 - i vaguely recall at the montclair st arts day them saying they dont or charge very little but other " prestigious programs" do, but i havent seen them published anywhere . maybe its just hearsay, was hoping those who did all the calculations this year could shed some light on those plus others?? maybe i'm wrong altogether
    edited August 24
    · Reply · Share
    @Notmath1 found this on the Marymount FAQ section

"Is there an additional cost associated with the Musical Theatre Program?
    Yes. In order to deliver the Daily Dance classes and Private Voice, there is an additional fee of $1,607.00 per semester. This fee goes directly towards covering the costs of the labs. The breakdown comes to approximately $8.00 for each dance class and $60.00 per voice lesson!"
    · Reply · Share