right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
STUDENT GUEST OF THE WEEK: Ethan is a burgeoning tech enthusiast who got accepted into Harvard, Yale, Princeton, Duke, Brown. This week he's answering your questions on how to best craft your application and narrow down your college search/decision process. ASK HIM ANYTHING!
Concerned about how to pay for college amid COVID-19 economic changes? Join us for a webinar on Thu, Apr. 9 at 5pm ET. REGISTER NOW and let us know what questions you have and want answered.
Most of the decisions are in by now. Connect with fellow students and share support for those who didn't get the best news.

LIU Post Decisions!

mtAllDayEverydaymtAllDayEveryday 28 replies18 threads Junior Member
I'm opening this discussion again, haha! I was told to expect a decision from LIU Post in January, and if not, to schedule a Unifieds slot, but I have yet to hear anything. Has anyone else heard anything or is everyone still waiting?? Just checking to see if the timeline is matching right now!! Thanks!!
87 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: LIU Post Decisions!

• NeensMomNeensMom 303 replies2 threads Member
    I'm no help, we just auditions at NYC Unifieds. But we were told 2-3 weeks there so we will see!
    · Reply · Share
  • mtAllDayEverydaymtAllDayEveryday 28 replies18 threads Junior Member
    Okay, thank you!
    · Reply · Share
  • PrettySharpMomPrettySharpMom 23 replies2 threads Junior Member
    @mtAllDayEveryday she is academically accepted but still waiting for the audition results from November on campus.
    · Reply · Share
    @PrettySharpMom wow!! When you auditioned in November did they tell you when to expect a decision?
    · Reply · Share
    For November on-campus auditions they said January. I believe that someone else on the forum is also waiting for on-campus audition results from October.
    · Reply · Share
    Anyone at LIU Post that can elaborate on the future renovations and what buildings/areas are they proposing? Thanks.
    · Reply · Share
  • mtmaybemtmaybe 85 replies4 threads Junior Member
    @PrettySharpMom Hi! I am a current BFA at LIU Post. Currently they are planning on renovating the basement of our humanities building to include more dance studios and rehearsal space. This is planned to happen over the summer, which was largely in response to a student run social media campaign.
    · Reply · Share
    @mtmaybe how is the performance space at LIU? How many plays/musicals do you put on per year? I'd love to hear what you like most/least about the program. Thanks!
    · Reply · Share
    @mtmaybe thank you so much this is helpful! When we did the auditions it was in a small white building is that for vocal lessons anything else? Aside from the GED buildings what are the typical MT spaces? We did a tour and I believe the humanities building was the brick building/fountain outside? Also we saw the smaller theatre and the “rifle” area? Many thanks!
    · Reply · Share
  • mtmaybemtmaybe 85 replies4 threads Junior Member
    @NeensMom the performance space is only fair, but again it is likely up for renovation. It is a very heavily acting-based program. This year, first semester, we put on a play (a period piece), a dance cabaret directed and choreographed by a director/choreographer well-known in boston who has also taught at BOCO and Emerson (who also teaches our musical theatre dance section), a long-form improv show, two devised theses, a vocal cabaret, and a dance show from the dance program (the two are very tightly knit) in which several MT majors performed in. This semester, we are doing "The World Goes 'Round" (Kandor and Ebb song cycle), Measure for Measure by Shakespeare (which includes a lot of gender-bending, and I am actually cast in!), Sonnets from an Old Century (another play), an experimental student-directed devised piece, a long-form improv again, and once again, the dance show. In addition, there are two freshman showcases. There is also a student-run theatre company which last semester put on 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee (which my roommate actually directed and it was incredible), a night of student-written plays, several performances by our student improv troupe, and the Muppets! Live. This semester, the student-run company is doing a cabaret (which was tonight), a cabaret in which seniors sing the songs they auditioned for the school with, the musical Alice (which I am not familiar with), a murder mystery long-form improv, the musical The Secret Garden (which is being staged and performed in our school's actual gardens), and more performances from the short-form improv troupe.
    · Reply · Share
    @mtmaybe thank you SO MUCH for writing such a thorough review!! It sounds like the program itself is really stellar outside of the mediocre facilities. Hopefully, that will just keep improving! I really appreciate the time and thoughtfulness you put into your response. My daughter received her financial award package today. She auditioned at NYC Unifieds. I hope we will hear an artistic decision soon! Maybe she will see you there next year. :)
    · Reply · Share
    I just got an email from the admissions office that said:

"The Theatre Department will begin sending program decisions in mid-February. If you have been awarded an Art Award by the department, they will notify you in late February – early March."

So there you have it!
    · Reply · Share
    Thank you for the update!!
    · Reply · Share
    Hi- mtAllDayEveryday did you audition on campus? What month? Curious, why did they recommend to re-audition again at a future Unified? Honestly, puzzled as was invited after the campus audition for a callback November audition and that small group of 5 students were told to expect results in January.
    · Reply · Share
    I had a separate Unifieds with a private company in October and there they said these things! :)
    · Reply · Share
    mtAllDayEveryday thanks for the update.
    BAL to you hopefully you will hear soon. :smile:
    · Reply · Share
    Thank you so much!!
    · Reply · Share
  • user_752736user_752736 51 replies5 threads Junior Member
    Thanks so much! At Chicago Unifieds, it sounded like the program accepts a large amount of incoming students. Can you comment on class sizes, individual mentorship, etc? My daughter is a M/T Major.
    · Reply · Share
  • user_752736user_752736 51 replies5 threads Junior Member
    My DD applied in mid-January and was accepted to the school early February. She just auditioned at Chicago Unifieds Agree about the large number of students. David Hugo stated that for every 6 acceptances, they plan for 2 admissions. He also mentioned accepting 80 students; however, he did not clarify if it was 80 with the expectation of 25 which would be good, but totally not sure. If anyone can clarify that would be really helpful.
    · Reply · Share