right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
We have changed the way we log in on College Confidential. Read more here.

CBC's Triple Sensation returning this summer with Season 2!

alwaysamomalwaysamom 12281 replies217 threads Senior Member
edited July 2011 in Musical Theater Major
I know that some of you were able to watch Triple Sensation back in the fall of 2007 when Season 1 aired on CBC. Well, the show is returning on June 22 and I'm so looking forward to it! It's a search for a true triple threat with the winner receiving $150,000 to continue their training. The winner of Season 1 was a boy we know, so I'm anxious to see who is on this year's show. I hope that some of you are able to catch this show. If it's as good as Season 1 was, you're in for a real treat.
edited July 2011
18 replies
Post edited by alwaysamom on
· Reply · Share

Replies to: CBC's Triple Sensation returning this summer with Season 2!

• Bird7887Bird7887 198 replies7 threads Junior Member
    i went to circle in the square last summer with one of the finalists! she was wonderful!
    · Reply · Share
  • alwaysamomalwaysamom 12281 replies217 threads Senior Member
    Bird, that would be Anwyn, who I agree is wonderful. She's in ALW's Toronto production of The Sound of Music.
    · Reply · Share
  • Bird7887Bird7887 198 replies7 threads Junior Member
    Yes, it was Anwyn! It's great to hear she is in a show right now
    · Reply · Share
  • mamalumamalu 98 replies19 threads Junior Member
    What channel is this on? What night and time?
    · Reply · Share
  • soozievtsoozievt 31414 replies372 threads! Senior Member
    I saw a couple of the episodes last year and thought it was so good and just a LOT better than the reality type shows. These kids truly had talent and also it was much more of what a real MT audition process is like.

Mamalu, it is on Canadian TV....CBC....as it is a Canadian show....but we can get that here in northern VT. :D
    · Reply · Share
  • MTgrlsmomMTgrlsmom 1019 replies15 threads Senior Member
    For those of us not close to the Canadian border, I followed this program last year on the web :D. Gotta love the internet!

Triple Sensation - CBC Television
    · Reply · Share
  • cartera45cartera45 12380 replies86 threads Senior Member
    Thanks for the update alwaysamom. I watched a good bit of it on the web too and saw some of it on you tube. I remember well the girl that I thought had the best voice. I even remember that she sang "Part of Your World" from The Little Mermaid. I thought I was going to remember her name to see what happened with her after the competition.
    · Reply · Share
  • mamalumamalu 98 replies19 threads Junior Member
    Thanks, I do remember reading about this. I will try and catch this on the internet this week.
    · Reply · Share
  • rossjirossji 565 replies14 threads Member
    AHHH!! Can't even get it on the internet from CT!! What a tease!! IT looks great!!
    · Reply · Share
  • claire_the_bearclaire_the_bear 149 replies20 threads Junior Member
    Did anybody watch it tonight?
    · Reply · Share
    I was out last night so I DVRd it and watched it this morning. Just as with Season 1, I found the choices for audition material interesting. They focussed on ten kids, six girls and four boys, and at the end of the show, chose six (four girls/two boys) from these Toronto auditions to go on to the one month of master classes. Next week will be the Vancouver auditions where they will choose the remaining six.

We really just saw a glimpse of what was involved in these auditions. The kids had to have multiple songs prepared, in addition to multiple monologues, and there were individual and group dance auditions. The panel of judges worked with the kids, and offered feedback in every section of the auditions. They are truly supportive and so well-versed on what these kids need to present when they're auditioning. I wish that every kid who will be auditioning for college programs could see this show, and have the experience of getting advice from these individuals.

One of the girls had auditioned for Season 1 and didn't make it through to the final group. She took the time to get further training and this time, the judges all thought she did an excellent job and was advanced with no debate.

Just as an aside, the host, Dean Armstrong, is a friend, so that adds to the fun. He's a well-known Toronto actor who also runs an acting studio and is a longtime acting coach in the city. He was also in the Broadway production of Rent, as well as a regular on the tv show Queer as Folk, so some of you will likely recognize him. :)

Looking forward to next week!
    · Reply · Share
  • Mezzo'sMamaMezzo'sMama 3550 replies84 threadsForum Champion Music Major Forum Champion
    Well, years ago, when cable TV first came to upstate NY, we actually had a Canadian channel; it was great for such things as the Olympics, because their commentators really know how to zip it during important things and don't feel the need for inane chatter. So, naturally, away went that channel. So, fast forward and now we have the Internet. I click on the link in the MTgrlsmom's post and there it is, in glorious full color!! I move the pointer over the link for "full episodes" and am greeted with a tinny mechanized voice, "This content is not available". Then I see the tiny sentence that tells me that, in essence, since I am not living in Canada (and they somehow know this because of my ISP address, I assume), I am NOT going to be allowed to see anything other than tiny snippets that a kind person posted on YouTube. So much for international relations. And now I even have to have a passport to drive across the border, 90 minutes away!
    · Reply · Share
    Mezzo'sMama, just so you don't feel too bad. The reverse situation is also true for the internet episodes of various shows. We can't see the ones from the U.S. It's a shame you can't view this show, it's really very interesting.

Oh, and the passport issue is totally U.S. instigated, trust me, Canada had no desire for this passport requirement. One more thing you can thank George Bush for! :)
    · Reply · Share
  • MTgrlsmomMTgrlsmom 1019 replies15 threads Senior Member
    UGH, I am sorry everyone. This must be something relatively new. I was perfectly able to follow things last year (even if it was not in "real time", and although at times it took a while for the videos to be uploaded).

Thank goodness for YouTube, even if they are really, really, really short snippets.
    · Reply · Share
  • Mezzo'sMamaMezzo'sMama 3550 replies84 threadsForum Champion Music Major Forum Champion
    Alwaysamom, I hadn't thought about it cutting two ways. Now I'm sorry for both of us. How foolish. I am still left to ponder the thought that we are forced to produce our passports to visit our close neighbors ( half the time to get to Toronto as it takes to get to NYC), while anyone who was really determined to do harm could simply walk across the border at any of it's thousands of unguarded miles. Or else, one can get the handy-dandy passport card, which comes complete with a "chip" in it that alerts the Border Guards to your whereabouts so that they can "pull up your information in advance of your arrival at the border". Suuurrre they can.....
    Ditto MTgrlsmom! Blessings on YouTube!!
    · Reply · Share
  • gscanadiangscanadian 31 replies2 threads Junior Member
    hi, I see there are lots of Triple Sensation fans on here - I was hoping someone might know where to watch the show beyond the tiny youtube clips? the cbc site was taken down last year ....does anyone have video files/dvd/vhs that they'd be willing to share/copy? thanks
    · Reply · Share
    Sorry, gscanadian, I don't know where you might be able to watch the old episodes. It was a great show, as I mentioned earlier in the thread and would certainly be valuable to anyone in the college admissions process. I had hoped to see another season but I doubt that will happen, given Drabinsky's legal woes. Maybe try writing to CBC and see if the video/dvd is available? I know that sometimes networks will sell their broadcasts in this way.

For those who watched the two seasons, John-Michael Scapin went to Tisch and Leah Cogan to Brown.
    · Reply · Share
  • gscanadiangscanadian 31 replies2 threads Junior Member
    Thanks for your reply, alwaysamom. It is just such a shame they took it down off the website, such a good series. Unfortunately, contacting CBC is a waste of time. I've contacted them about another show and a couple of other issues and never recieved a reply. Consdering it's tax payer funded that seems kind of sketchy to me lol Anyways, if they put out a DVD or something I'd be first in line to buy it.
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity