Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Please take a moment to read our updated TOS, Privacy Policy, and Forum Rules.

Which Cal State has the best theatre program?

andc123andc123 Registered User Posts: 6 New Member
I applied to four cal states: CSUN, CSUF, CSULB, and SFSU. I was looking at some private schools, but I think they are too much and I don't want to take out high loans. I know cal state fullerton has a really good program, but I was just curious about how well the other cal states compare to. I am looking for something that has an acting or performance emphasis, but I also want to learn producing. Plus I am looking to get into some student films as well.

Replies to: Which Cal State has the best theatre program?

• MTTwinsinCAMTTwinsinCA Registered User Posts: 640 Member
    CSUN has a great film school. It is located in center of San Fernando Valley near film studios and local theatres. As a theatre major you can minor in MT. World-class Valley Performing Arts Center right on campus. We saw a terrific production of "Parade" on campus recently. Well-connected alumni. Good luck.
  • sopranomtmomsopranomtmom Registered User Posts: 392 Member
    Someone mentioned Cal State Chico in a post so I took a look and it appears they have MT program. Also my daughter has a friend doing a theatre major at Humboldt that seems like a good program.
  • mtmamma2020mtmamma2020 Registered User Posts: 598 Member
    If anyone is looking for California schools - it is not a cal state: Santa Clara has an Excellent BA non audition MT... pricey school though and academically competitive -- top notch non audition program.
This discussion has been closed.