right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
GUEST STUDENT OF THE WEEK: Rohan is a freshman at Dartmouth (and loves it) having gotten in ED for the Class of 2023. He's here to debunk myths regarding admissions and student life at his school. ASK HIM ANYTHING!
Make sure to check out our May Checklists for HS Juniors and HS Seniors. Consult these quick resources to get you started on the process this month.
As we work to adjust to the current reality, make sure to check out these dedicated COVID-19 resources: our directory of virtual campus tours, our directory of extended deadlines, as well as the list of schools going test optional this fall.

National Merit Rejection Letters?

2baylor2baylor 5 replies1 threads New Member
edited January 2012 in National Merit Scholarships
I'm a National Merit Semifinalist and I'm scared to death of getting one of those rejection letters. I'm concerned because I sent my SAT scores (on my college board account it says scores sent Dec. 9) and in retrospect, I'm afraid they may not have arrived in time. I guess I thought scores were sent instantaneously or something -- stupid, stupid me.

That being said, I have not received a rejection letter yet (as of Jan. 21). I thought that people had already received all of their rejection letters, but then I saw that someone received a letter yesterday. I'm in Texas, so I don't know if that would affect when I would receive a letter if it's coming.

Case in point, I'm literally shaking right now. Help!
edited January 2012
4 replies
Post edited by 2baylor on
· Reply · Share

Replies to: National Merit Rejection Letters?

• tommykirkpatricktommykirkpatrick 498 replies45 threads Member
    me too.. ahhhhh.
    · Reply · Share
  • XXjcatmufasaXXXXjcatmufasaXX 109 replies29 threads Junior Member
    Haha, scores didn't have to be received until January 31st for National Merit Finalist consideration. Now, for consideration for that $2,500 scholarship, the deadline was January 3rd, but I'm still quite sure you made that. I sent mine maybe two weeks ago and my career counselor, who is well-versed in all things National Merit, said I would be fine. Don't worry.
    · Reply · Share
  • mom2collegekidsmom2collegekids Forum Champion Financial Aid, Forum Champion Alabama 84326 replies1049 threads Forum Champion
    (on my college board account it says scores sent Dec. 9)

You're fine.....NMCorp accepted scores from the Dec SAT as well, so Dec 9th is fine.
    · Reply · Share
  • 2baylor2baylor 5 replies1 threads New Member
    Okay, I feel much better now. The SAT deadline was the only reason I was worried about a rejection letter. With something as high stakes as NMF, it's easy to worry over nothing. Thank you!
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity