Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Please take a moment to read our updated TOS, Privacy Policy, and Forum Rules.

$2500 scholarships

L3thatsmeL3thatsme Registered User Posts: 2 New Member
My son recently switched his first choice college from a NM sponsored college to one that is NOT sponsored. His prior first choice school awarded him a $20k/year award but then he decided not to go there & switched his first choice school to a non-NM sponsored school by faxing his change into National Merit.

Does that preclude him from receiveing a $2500 award? Are we waiting for nothing?

Please tell... THANKS!
Post edited by L3thatsme on

Replies to: $2500 scholarships

• Wolverine86Wolverine86 Registered User Posts: 2,196 Senior Member
    L3...When did your S switch his first choice school? NMSC started mailing out $2500 award notifications on March 22, so it's quite likely they had all those scholarships recipients determined prior to that date. I guess it's possible they may "hold a few in reserve", but I doubt anyone knows that for sure. Hopefully his switch didn't happen too late for him to be considered for the $2500, but you could always call NMSC and ask if all the one-time scholarship offers have been mailed out already. Good Luck!!
  • L3thatsmeL3thatsme Registered User Posts: 2 New Member
    We faxed over our switch about one week PRIOR to receiving notification of the college award from Worcester Polytech.

I guess I can call National Merit to ask if receiving the scholarship from WPI negates any other scholarship from them, even if we switched his first choice school.
This discussion has been closed.