Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

*OFFICIAL PSAT THREAD 2014 (US)*

Replies to: *OFFICIAL PSAT THREAD 2014 (US)*

• TheGreatCatsbyxTheGreatCatsbyx Registered User Posts: 527 Member
    What was the 216 from? I think I might have gotten 214, but that might have been on the November SAT (ugh... I'm mixing up everything). What happens if you write something in the grid-in that's wrong, but your bubbles are right?
  • Asutosh11Asutosh11 Registered User Posts: 77 Junior Member
    Also, I dont know if this is accurate or not, but the 99th percentile for the whole nation went from a 215 last year to a 213 this year. So hopefully most state cut offs drop as well.
  • texaspgtexaspg Forum Champion Pre-Med & Medical Posts: 16,745 Forum Champion
    213 is comparatively a low score for the nation. Many states have 220 or above.
  • livelaugh7livelaugh7 Registered User Posts: 838 Member
    I looked and with the worst possible scenario, I might have gotten a 217. Best scenario is a 223.

I think I was too lenient. Not a likely score for a sophomore.
  • balrog29balrog29 Registered User Posts: 137 Junior Member
    @TheGreatCatsbyx‌

You get the points. They don't look at what you write, the only thing that matters is what you bubbled. You don't even have to write in the grid-ins, I never write in the grid-ins. The purpose of the writing space is just to help you make sure that you are bubbling the bubbles you wish to bubble.
  • Dilan412Dilan412 Registered User Posts: 530 Member
    If the national score is lower than normal, is it safe to assume that the state scores will generally be lower as well by the same amount of around 2 points. That would be huge, especially coming from New Jersey with a 224 cutoff last year.
  • TheGreatCatsbyxTheGreatCatsbyx Registered User Posts: 527 Member
    Thanks! Btw, does anyone remember where that math question 216 was from?
  • kittymom1102kittymom1102 Registered User Posts: 478 Member
    My son got 193 as a Sophomore last year. That 193 put him in the 93%. This year, 193 would put him in the 94%. In fact, this year's cutoff for % appears to have been lowered.

To clarify, percentiles are made of a range of scores. I think the cutoff will be at the very top of that range. For example, last year, 98% (nationally) started at 208 and ended at 214. In Florida, the girl I know was at the top of that range with a 213, which I think would have put her in the 99% for Florida, not the nation. I doubt 208 would have made the cut.

This is just my idea :-)
  • didierdrogbadidierdrogba Registered User Posts: 142 Junior Member
    @TheGreatCatsbyx‌ it was about the proportion problem with the ounces
    edited December 2014
    Ohhh i remember it was the question
    24*9 = 216
    edited December 2014
    Hey for the free response math, what was the question with the answer 10?? For form W
  • magic125magic125 Registered User Posts: 140 Junior Member
    edited December 2014
    Does anyone remember if chronological narrative was choice A or B? cause the correct answer is B, but idk what it was...

also, do any of you remember more details on the proportion problem with 216? I don't remember the question at all
    Form W
  • californiasailorcaliforniasailor Registered User Posts: 9 New Member
    Worst case I got a 219 (assuming I made no other stupid errors that I remember), best case I got a 227 which is good for CA. Wishful for at least a 190 so I qualify for the National Hispanic Recognition Program (I'm Scandinavian and Colombian) lol.
  • californiasailorcaliforniasailor Registered User Posts: 9 New Member
    Nvm just checked and there was an EEEE fck there goes my whole future Lol.
This discussion has been closed.