Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Alternate test???

2»

Replies to: Alternate test???

• mom2collegekidsmom2collegekids Forum Champion Financial Aid, Forum Champion Alabama Posts: 84,184 Forum Champion
    edited March 2016
    Update: The high school admitted that, about two weeks ago, it found the 200 missing tests locked in a storage room, along with the question books. They sent them in, NMCorp scored them, but won't use them.

NMCorp has a rule that tests muct be scored by Dec.

So, the students are allowed to use any SAT score from about Sept 2015 until May 2016. However, some families are upset because their kids took prep classes as sophs, took the SAT, scored well enough, and thought they were "done". Now they think that their kids won't have time to prepare for the new SAT because they're busy with preparing for AP exams.

I think they're also fearing that some schools require all scores to be reported, and they fear a lower score now.

This doesn't affect my nephew since he has two SAT scores that qualify...one from Oct and one from Nov. Both are high enough to make NMSF in Calif.
  • 3scoutsmom3scoutsmom Registered User Posts: 5,537 Senior Member
    I think the High School should pay for the SAT! Glad your nephew is in the clear!
2»
This discussion has been closed.