right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
GUEST STUDENT OF THE WEEK: Rohan is a freshman at Dartmouth (and loves it) having gotten in ED for the Class of 2023. He's here to debunk myths regarding admissions and student life at his school. ASK HIM ANYTHING!
Make sure to check out our May Checklists for HS Juniors and HS Seniors. Consult these quick resources to get you started on the process this month.
As we work to adjust to the current reality, make sure to check out these dedicated COVID-19 resources: our directory of virtual campus tours, our directory of extended deadlines, as well as the list of schools going test optional this fall.

Choosing a first choice

EPallazzoEPallazzo 33 replies13 threads Junior Member
Acceptances are in and we are narrowing down our short list. Almost ready to make a final decision!

Question: Should we go ahead and select a first choice school on the NMSC website now...even if we are still debating between 2 or 3 options? Is it dangerous to make a first choice selection now if things might change in the weeks ahead?

Thank you!
1 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Choosing a first choice

• usma87usma87 448 replies3 threads Member
    edited April 20
    @EPallazzo - No real downside to making a decision now. Also, not a huge downside to wait until you make your commitment. The early window was March 15, I think. And that is just a "notification". For students that posted a preference by then, NMSC sent out a list with that selection on it. I think they do another notification in April. That may have already passed. You might also look at which of your 3 options actually cares about NMF from a FA perspective. Notre Dame does not participate in NMSC scholarships. So, that is one off your list. Look to see if the other two participate in NMSC. That may help. At this point, no one has probably offered you a NMSC scholarship. So, find out if it changes your FA at either one and make a decision. I think you have until May something to make a final selection.
    edited April 20
    · Reply · Share