Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

National Merit Scholar Community

JeydomzJeydomz Registered User Posts: 428 Member
For those who have already been awarded a NMSC scholarship in past years, I need some assistance in joining the National Merit Scholarship Community at nationalmerit.org.

I've already asked the Community Administrator, whose automated email back to me was not at all helpful.

If you browse the nationalmerit.org site to the "For Scholars" section, then "NMSC Scholarship Community", then "Register", you'll be brought to a form to search your scholarship record. I bring up my file fine, then it asks for:

"Birthday or other Security ID"

Well, my birthday, in the format they provide (mmddyy) doesn't work, any I've tried all the number identifiers I've been given throughout the competition by NMSC, and none work.

If anyone has successfully joined this community, do you know what "Security ID" they are referencing here? Thanks in advance.
Post edited by Jeydomz on

Replies to: National Merit Scholar Community

• mom2collegekidsmom2collegekids Forum Champion Financial Aid, Forum Champion Alabama Posts: 84,900 Forum Champion
    My son just tried to do his, and it wouldn't accept his DOB, either. So, there is a link where you can report this...try this.]

Or, call NMCorp...847-866-5100
  • LameUsernameLameUsername Registered User Posts: 120 Junior Member
    Have you been selected as a scholar yet? Not just a finalist?
  • mom2collegekidsmom2collegekids Forum Champion Financial Aid, Forum Champion Alabama Posts: 84,900 Forum Champion
    ^^^

My son is a scholar from a previous year, and his DOB isn't working either. His record can be located, but it's not taking his DOB.
This discussion has been closed.