Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Tell me about your country

biggspcbiggspc Registered User Posts: 127 Junior Member
edited March 2011 in Nepal
Hi, I will be studying abroad in Kathmandu next year and want to learn everyI can about Nepal, Tibet, Bhutan and the surrounding region before I go. So here's your chance, tell me all the great things to see, do , and eat in Kathmandu and elsewhere in Nepal!
Post edited by biggspc on

Replies to: Tell me about your country

• MsStones01MsStones01 Registered User Posts: 1 New Member
    Heyy, nice to know that you're going to Nepal... :)
    what are you going for though?? which school and all?? and what do you want to know specifically???
  • confidential2015confidential2015 Registered User Posts: 1,396 Senior Member
    ^^If you really want to see Nepal then you should certainly get out of Kathmandu! (except for few temples and historical sites). The real Nepal can be seen when you reach somewhere around Kalikot, Jumla, Humla...If you have any specific question, please do ask. We will certainly give you the answers!

Namaste and Welcome to Nepal! :)
  • trinitiantrinitian Registered User Posts: 379 Member
    ^^ OK, now this is nice to know that u're coming to Nepal for ur abroad studies. I assume u'll be here for some sort of historic, art or ritual - related studies coz thats what Nepal's mainly famous for, apart from mountaineering (its just my assumption though.) Anyways, coming to the point learn Nepali, that would help u communicate in most part of the country. Learning Newari and Tibetan might also help u at remote mountain areas of Nepal.

Definitely, the greatest thing u can do in Nepal is go for Mt. Everest or Mt. Annapurna trekking/mountaineering. That would be awesome. You can also visit a lot of temples and historical heritages in Nepal but for that u'll have to get out of Kathmandu.

You'll get all types of food 2 eat in kathmandu depending on which hotel/place and area u choose to live.

and yes, learn to say NAMASTE--> thats the Nepali greeting, which when said by a foreigner, brings a smile in the face of any Nepali.
    Almost forgot, if u're lucky enough, u'll be sight seeing one of the best ways of polluting cum revolting action carried by locals here with bricks and tyres. :P
  • ExpeliarmusExpeliarmus Registered User Posts: 271 Junior Member
    ^^^haha :P

10 char
  • 1a2b3c1a2b3c Registered User Posts: 16 New Member
    haha!!
    likes trinatian's comment :)
  • zeppelin392zeppelin392 Registered User Posts: 71 Junior Member
    It's a step better than heaven if u intend to study corruption, nepotism, pollution and the third grade politics. Plus there are broad range of majors like how not to study, how can u have 50 days of public holidayz and still run a nation, how u can fail in high school and still go on to become a revered politician or even a PM for the matter of fact.....things much like How to get into HYP with an average score......Oh here this Pollution and Nepal: Synonymous...
    hey.....i am not against my nation but I have admitted the truth...........
    bdw if someone intends to study arts or even biodiversity.....Nepal's a good option...
    totally agree with u, i admit the bitter truth too.....
This discussion has been closed.