Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Safe College! Have you applied?

2»

Replies to: Safe College! Have you applied?

• confidential2015confidential2015 Registered User Posts: 1,396 Senior Member
    I'm talking about the investment! You can't just waste 10k-12k on a college that might shut its doors anytime soon! Randolph is a decent college. I would give it an A+ for academics. However, the fact that they are having a really difficult time in solving their financial issues must be considered before even thinking of applying to Randolph. Even if he stays out and pays 4k, that too won't be easy money. Plus, if the college gets drowned during his senior year-he will also get drowned along with the college. There is no harm in giving Randolph a try if the deadline has not passed as they have no application fee! :p But its situation should be considered seriously. :)
  • zeppelin392zeppelin392 Registered User Posts: 71 Junior Member
    hey it has good student faculty ratio...the college is really good and one of my closest friend studies there....and from what I've heard about the college there aren't any sort of financial issues....had there been any they would not have provided aid to students esp international students.......the guys at Princeton Review like this college a lot.......so why not give it a shot(if the deadline's still there)........and instead of paying 4-5 k for some state univ( which you have to) why not do the same for randolph or some other of similar caliber .... after all we're talking about safeties.......
  • zeppelin392zeppelin392 Registered User Posts: 71 Junior Member
    Wichita State Univ
    LSU-Lafayette
    these are good safeties too
    Wichita has a very huge sticker price. And about Randolph, YES, they are facing a huge financial crisis right now. A college would never tell you that they are facing crisis until the moment they fall down and people start laughing at them. They have been continuously lagging in funds after they got separated from Randolph-Macon College of Virgina itself. There are groups like NACAC which publish the financial condition of colleges in the US every year and according to the latest report, Randolph is highly unstable. Still, if the OP wants to give it a try, I have nothing to say. And yes, its a very good college. I have nothing against Randolph except for the situation they are facing right now.
    Cheer up! If the deadline has not passed and the OP wishes to apply, let him do it. :)
  • AashishtheaasikAashishtheaasik Registered User Posts: 53 Junior Member
    Scholarship deadline for Most of above mentioned college has passed!
    So i applied for southeastern Louisiana univ. Do you guys know something about it?
  • ExpeliarmusExpeliarmus Registered User Posts: 271 Junior Member
    ^aashish : Thank god we don't have the same safety college :P
    @conf...someone is likely to be a senior member very soon. ;)
  • AashishtheaasikAashishtheaasik Registered User Posts: 53 Junior Member
    @ Expeliarmus, Else I would be denied admission from there also.. :P :P
    @Expeli Oh yeah! Is that you, by the way? j/k

:p :p :p
  • sarbaraj101sarbaraj101 Registered User Posts: 1,450 Senior Member
    just 8 more posts to go :D
    @conf...yes! this is me!
2»
This discussion has been closed.