Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Please take a moment to read our updated TOS, Privacy Policy, and Forum Rules.

Safe College! Have you applied?

AashishtheaasikAashishtheaasik Registered User Posts: 53 Junior Member
edited March 2011 in Nepal
As being determined to study in USA, have you applied to safe colleges? Especially , for student with medium SAT score like mine (Its low, compared to CCers), it is very much impotent.
Please share your experience.

Me myself, I have applied to Bethune-Cookman and West Liberty.
Post edited by Aashishtheaasik on

Replies to: Safe College! Have you applied?

• confidential2015confidential2015 Registered User Posts: 1,396 Senior Member
    If you are an international student seeking huge financial aid, there aren't really safeties(financial safeties) for you! The safeties we quote as "safety school" sometimes gets too difficult to get in. About applying to the "safeties", most of the applicants from Nepal who have some idea of applying to the US have at least one safety in their college list. So, most of them have applied to their safety like you did. :)
  • AashishtheaasikAashishtheaasik Registered User Posts: 53 Junior Member
    Could you please name some safeties. I think i still need to apply for next safety. I think there colleges have delayed deadlines.
  • trinitiantrinitian Registered User Posts: 379 Member
    ^^whats ur major?
    ^^^ Major: computer/elect/mech engineering Or Physics Or Mathematics
    if u'r a eng major, then u'll a tough time getting safeties for engineering(safeties hardly have engineering esp mechanical), on the other hand, if u're a phys/math major u'll get handful of safeties with good aid/scholarship....
  • zeppelin392zeppelin392 Registered User Posts: 71 Junior Member
    hey....there's this school.....my friend went there last year.....really good college......the name's Randolph College......but be ready to pay somewhere round 10-12k but that includes housing and meal......so if ur are allowed to stay off campus u'll have to pay somewhere round 2-4k....pretty decent bargain given the period of the yr ur applying to colleges.....bdw I am not sure whether if u'r allowed to stay off campus.......
    Randolph College might get drowned anytime soon! They do have a very nice history but according to the latest information, they might get into a huge crisis soon. Plus, the male to female ratio is the worst thing at Randolph. It used to be a women's college (Randolph-Macon Women's College)till 2007. I think their deadline was on first of March.
  • ExpeliarmusExpeliarmus Registered User Posts: 271 Junior Member
    ^^ O_o here is our US college wikipedia speaking!!!
    @ trinitian or confidential2015, could you plz name few of them? I will be applying in one within this week, may be Southeastern Laousiana. I am getting late, and its urgent yar..
    truly speaking, i dont have much ideas about safety colleges. confidential2015 may be a good source.
    Ha ha...A good source? At this time of year? It's really too late to ask for safeties(the last decent college I knew about had its deadline on March 1st). You can still give a try to state universities which have a low cost of attendance and rolling admissions. Maybe BYU(Brigham Young University) will take some applications??
    ^^yes, its already too late for him to ask.didnt want to make him/her unhappy. Had he asked earlier, even in Jan, atleast u or somebody here could have helped him.
  • ExpeliarmusExpeliarmus Registered User Posts: 271 Junior Member
    Chadron State College
    Chardon State...go for it..a friend of mine is currently studying there...
  • zeppelin392zeppelin392 Registered User Posts: 71 Junior Member
    hey... i think Randolphs deadline's Ist of April........and hey he's talking about safeties so it's pretty decent college ...... and it's now coed and a lot of boys study there so he won't be alone...even if he'd be isn't that a good thing .......:) :) :)
This discussion has been closed.