right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Concerned about how to pay for college amid COVID-19 economic changes? Join us for a webinar on Thu, Apr. 9 at 5pm ET. REGISTER NOW and let us know what questions you have and want answered.
Check out our newest addition to the Student Lounge. Go to the "STUDENT HERE: Ask Me Anything!" and connect with fellow students who can answer your school specific questions!
Most of the decisions are in by now. Connect with fellow students and share support for those who didn't get the best news.

Personal Essay

diwashdiwash 32 replies8 threads Junior Member
edited July 2011 in Nepal
Hello Everyone,
For me the most challenging part of the application is the personal essay and I think it is same for most of the other applicants as well. Then why not to discuss on it. I request everyone here to share some of the exampler essays that worked , if u have it. Lets help eachother to make it easier.
edited July 2011
5 replies
Post edited by diwash on
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Personal Essay

• sixstringsrockersixstringsrocker 627 replies4 threads Member
    I think you'd be better off writing your essay, asking if people, seniors specially, are interested in giving you a critique. You can use PMs for that. I would highly discourage posting your essay on this forum, or any forum at all.
    · Reply · Share
  • ExpeliarmusExpeliarmus 262 replies9 threads Junior Member
    if you post it here, someone might copy it and use it as their own for colleges. Later on, your own essay might be flagged as a plagiarized one. Beware!
    · Reply · Share
  • diwashdiwash 32 replies8 threads Junior Member
    No no... You guys got it wrong. I was saying sharing exampler essays of accepted students nor our own essays.
    · Reply · Share
  • sixstringsrockersixstringsrocker 627 replies4 threads Member
    Even accepted essays, I doubt it's a good idea sharing it online.
    · Reply · Share
  • specificspecific 385 replies25 threads Member
    If you wanna see some sample essays that badly, some books are available for the same.
    But remember that essay is about you, write something that best represents you as a person, don't put a laundry list of achievements either. Show something that is not already put forward by your other parts of application.

Besides, the best essay you will write is the one where you stay outright honest. Believe me, Admission officers read thousand of essays every year and they easily can ride out the fake or copied essays in contrast with other parts of applications.
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity