Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Personal Essay

diwashdiwash Registered User Posts: 40 Junior Member
edited July 2011 in Nepal
Hello Everyone,
For me the most challenging part of the application is the personal essay and I think it is same for most of the other applicants as well. Then why not to discuss on it. I request everyone here to share some of the exampler essays that worked , if u have it. Lets help eachother to make it easier.
Post edited by diwash on

Replies to: Personal Essay

• sixstringsrockersixstringsrocker Registered User Posts: 631 Member
    I think you'd be better off writing your essay, asking if people, seniors specially, are interested in giving you a critique. You can use PMs for that. I would highly discourage posting your essay on this forum, or any forum at all.
  • ExpeliarmusExpeliarmus Registered User Posts: 271 Junior Member
    if you post it here, someone might copy it and use it as their own for colleges. Later on, your own essay might be flagged as a plagiarized one. Beware!
  • diwashdiwash Registered User Posts: 40 Junior Member
    No no... You guys got it wrong. I was saying sharing exampler essays of accepted students nor our own essays.
  • sixstringsrockersixstringsrocker Registered User Posts: 631 Member
    Even accepted essays, I doubt it's a good idea sharing it online.
  • specificspecific Registered User Posts: 410 Member
    If you wanna see some sample essays that badly, some books are available for the same.
    But remember that essay is about you, write something that best represents you as a person, don't put a laundry list of achievements either. Show something that is not already put forward by your other parts of application.

Besides, the best essay you will write is the one where you stay outright honest. Believe me, Admission officers read thousand of essays every year and they easily can ride out the fake or copied essays in contrast with other parts of applications.
This discussion has been closed.