Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

UK application process

User95User95 Registered User Posts: 164 Junior Member
edited July 2011 in Nepal
how different is the application process while applying to UK compared to the US? What are its pros and cons in general? could anybody please explain me about it. and please recommend if it is a good idea.
Post edited by User95 on

Replies to: UK application process

• specificspecific Registered User Posts: 410 Member
    Not meant to discourage you though.
    while applying to UK .. be sure that none of the great universities have financial aid.. Some scholarships are available which are astronomically competitive....

You must apply via UCAS application, requirements differ according to schools like LSE requires you to take APs ( probably five of them ) or an entrance etc.
    Cambridge has its own....

Unless you have studied A levels and scored astronomical marks...
  • User95User95 Registered User Posts: 164 Junior Member
    thnx.. 10char
  • SujanSherchanSujanSherchan Registered User Posts: 21 New Member
    I have studied A levels and waiting for the results..i have also visited the LSE site but couldn't find anything about financial aid for internationals...so does it mean they donot offer aid to internationals???
  • 082349082349 Registered User Posts: 2,228 Senior Member
    I'm not from Nepal but I thought I'd help out here.
    for overseas students

LSE undergraduate support scheme

The LSE undergraduate support scheme (USS) is designed to help overseas students who do not have the necessary funds to meet all their costs of study. In 2008, the School disbursed nearly £1 million in entrance awards available to self-financing students of all nationalities. This financial aid is available only for study at LSE. If you are made an offer of admission, we will advise you on how to apply to the USS online. This system is able to provide an immediate indication of an applicant's eligibility for assistance. In the first instance, you will be assessed on the basis of your financial circumstances. Awards are renewable for each year of your course. Applications will be considered between the end of February and the middle of August.

For UK schools, you generally won't see any financial aid.

You apply to study a course and generally most people don't switch courses. This also means that you need to be absolutely sure what you want to study.

Since you've done the A-levels, offers will be made depending on your grades.

If you could give more information about the schools you want to apply to, I can help you more.
  • perseveranceperseverance Registered User Posts: 38 Junior Member
    There is a community in the UK called "The Student Room" which is comparable to College Confidential but for UK universities only. It's quite helpful and worth checking out.
This discussion has been closed.