right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Concerned about how to pay for college amid COVID-19 economic changes? Join us for a webinar on Thu, Apr. 9 at 5pm ET. REGISTER NOW and let us know what questions you have and want answered.
Check out our newest addition to the Student Lounge. Go to the "STUDENT HERE: Ask Me Anything!" and connect with fellow students who can answer your school specific questions!
Most of the decisions are in by now. Connect with fellow students and share support for those who didn't get the best news.

Explaining a year/2 years gap after highschool

temudgintemudgin 19 replies2 threads New Member
edited July 2011 in Nepal
so how does one who has been preparing for SAT/trying out for other fields in nepal explain the gap after high school to the college whilst applying???
edited July 2011
8 replies
Post edited by temudgin on
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Explaining a year/2 years gap after highschool

• confidential2015confidential2015 1356 replies40 threads Senior Member
    There is a point in commonapp which asks you whether you've taken gap years or not. You can upload your explanation in there.
    · Reply · Share
  • temudgintemudgin 19 replies2 threads New Member
    Does the gap year thing hamper chances of getting a financial aid or getting accepted??Btw thank u for your post @confidential2015
    · Reply · Share
  • confidential2015confidential2015 1356 replies40 threads Senior Member
    If you have utilized your gap year by doing something useful and creative, it won't hamper anything. However, if you spent the gap year(s) just fooling around, that will certainly make some negative impression.
    · Reply · Share
  • specificspecific 385 replies25 threads Member
    If it does, I am in a bigger *****hole altogether. I guess, if you can show the adcoms that the gap years weren't futile and helped you to grow as a person, it won't hamper as much.

I would like confidential2015 to help temudgin though and would tell temudgin to keep reading the posts and keep posting. You ought to get more info on admissions as you grow older to CC...
    · Reply · Share
    well the thing is ive been doing mbbs entrance prep here in nepal and applying for fall 2012...would this help in explaining the situation or do i need something more???and i appreciate both of u for taking up an interst in this post!!
    @specific:u applying this year as well??
    · Reply · Share
    yes, I am.
    · Reply · Share
    oh okay hope u get a good college then!!
    · Reply · Share
    Good luck to you for the same brother.
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity