Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Good engineering college in Nepal or average college in US

13»

Replies to: Good engineering college in Nepal or average college in US

• adhuwaadhuwa Registered User Posts: 3 New Member
    edited January 2016
  • ASDDSAASDDSA Registered User Posts: 17 New Member
    As a guy who did 3 semesters in pulchowk and then studied in US, I would definitely say US is much better. The opportunities are much better and the experience is so different.
  • AgueroAguero Registered User Posts: 25 New Member
    @Starrynight94 I think you are exaggerating here. How on earth can an applicant with scores of 2140 in SAT, 2350 in SAT 2 not get in any good universities in US? Could you please tell me the universities that you applied into?
    @Aguero That happens...SAT is not much....plus you also need to keep in mind the financial aid
    @Aguero That happens...SAT is not much....plus you also need to keep in mind the financial aid
  • imagoddamasshatimagoddamasshat Registered User Posts: 4 New Member
    I also got rejected everywhere. I can only pay 2.5k per year. Will going to consultancy and applying to average colleges be any help now? Is there any hope for me? Or should I prepare for pulchowk forgetting everything.
    I am a purely academic driven person. My sole intention to apply to US was to get the best education possible and do meaningful research for the love of science. Will going to pulchowk or ku be a good choice if I want to go to MIT/Harvard level Unis for masters/Ph.D.? Is my dream over before it even began? Any feedback appreciated.
13»
This discussion has been closed.