Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Please take a moment to read our updated TOS, Privacy Policy, and Forum Rules.
napadnektonapadnekto Registered User Posts: 2 New Member
I have just finished my grade 12 final examination and am preparing for the SAT-1. I only have about 3 months to prepare and there is only one date available before nov-5. So here's my question-
Do we really need to memorize all those thousands of words from books or is that not necessary?
I also haven't been involved in any sorts of activities in my college and would like to know what we can do around the valley and internship opportunities for students who have just finished grade 12.

Replies to: SAT

• decimatordecimator Registered User Posts: 27 New Member
    @napadnekto - No, you don't need to memorize all those thousands of words. However, you'll have to memorize few hundred words. I don't know much about internship... I've been volunteering at Teach for Nepal since last year. You may join too, it'd be great. They'll be more than glad to have you, dude. :)
  • qksthgus98qksthgus98 Registered User Posts: 3 New Member
    i am in the same situation with you. three months to study but four subjects, that is maths, english and 2 subject sat test to study.
    ill say that you just need to study as much as you can. As for internship... im involved in a lot of em' but i dont think you can do it, in the sense that im in nigeria while youre in nepal. not much of a help.... sorry
  • napadnektonapadnekto Registered User Posts: 2 New Member
    @decimator you mean the high frequency words? and yes i emailed them but haven't received one back.I'd love to volunteer there
  • decimatordecimator Registered User Posts: 27 New Member
    @napadnekto - Yes, indeed. High frequency words are enough. Anyway, I hope they'll get back to you soon.
  • sixstringsrockersixstringsrocker Registered User Posts: 630 Member
    I think I memorized like 30 HF words? Even that was too much. I hate memorization, and that's not even the intent. You need to read more, read as much as you can. Read NY Times (try incognito mode on Google Chrome to get behind the paywall), read WSJ, Washington Post, novels, anything you can get your hands on. Learn to read well, and you'll be fine. This will help both CR and writing sections. Take a ton of practice test in timed scenario, as many as you can. Seriously, take as many as you can. Do at least 15 practice test well timed, in real test scenario with alarm clocks and no distractions, and complete honesty on your part. Make sure to read over what mistakes you made, and why.

Also, do well on the math section.
This discussion has been closed.