Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Boston College vs Brandeis vs Tufts vs Harvard

iandicollegeiandicollege Registered User Posts: 6 New Member
Hello,
I am trying to figure out my last reach school. I have narrowed down my options to Boston College, Brandeis University, Tufts University, and Harvard University. I am a Washington state high school student (of color, if that matters) with a GPA of 3.6 (unweighted) and 3.4 (weighted). Also my SAT scores are 1060 and 1100. My SAT Essay score was 18/24. I realize my scores and GPA are not exactly Harvard or Tufts or maybe even Brandeis or Boston College material, but that is why I am calling for help. I really liked Harvard University when I visited their campus. Tufts University I thought was pretty nice, but I liked Harvard a little more. I did not visit Brandeis, but it seems more suburban than the other schools. Boston College just sort of gave me a "all right" feel when visiting their campus. If it helps as a reference at all, I really like Boston University. Boston University is my favorite school on my college list. I like more of a urban campus but I am open minded to a more suburban campus. I am undecided but I am possibly interested in archaeology, pre-law, marine biology, acting, or maybe international affairs. I realize this is a broad spectrum. I also realize that each school has strengths and weaknesses for undergraduate programs compared to each other when it comes to my choices. I realize the chance of me getting into Harvard or Tufts is close to nill but I am willing to apply just for fun to see, if there might be the slightest chance. I need some help finding which school is the best match for me to apply. I appreciate anybody's help and time spent!
Thanks,
iandicollege

Replies to: Boston College vs Brandeis vs Tufts vs Harvard

This discussion has been closed.