right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Concerned about how to pay for college amid COVID-19 economic changes? Join us for a webinar on Thu, Apr. 9 at 5pm ET. REGISTER NOW and let us know what questions you have and want answered.
Check out our newest addition to the Student Lounge. Go to the "STUDENT HERE: Ask Me Anything!" and connect with fellow students who can answer your school specific questions!
Most of the decisions are in by now. Connect with fellow students and share support for those who didn't get the best news.

On or Off Campus living at New College of Flordia

Sara314Sara314 3 replies1 threads New Member
I have recently applied to New College of Flordia. I have liked everything I have seen and heard about them until I heard the dorms are awful. While I don't mind dorm life(I went to boarding school for three years), I do mind living in dirty or unsafe dorms. Many people have said in reviews online that there is mold growing in some rooms, and I am very allergic to most forms of common mold(like my throat swells up and I have to go to the hospital). I was wondering if it would be better to live off campus, or if I even could as a freshman? I also heard that it is very hard to get off campus housing, but I am willing to pay whatever I have to if it means if it means that I can breathe on a daily basis lol.
Any form of advice would be great! Thanks and have a nice day!
7 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: On or Off Campus living at New College of Flordia

• milee30milee30 2583 replies16 threads Senior Member
    It's Florida. You will encounter mold somewhere more days than not, no matter where you live. It's just a constant battle to keep mold in check in a tropical environment with close to 100% humidity. I haven't been in the NCF dorms, but will tell you that the housing stock around NCF is almost 100% older, Florida homes... where you will also encounter mold.

I'm not saying this to dissuade you and NCF is a great college, but if you're that allergic to mold Florida on the whole may not be the place for you. Just something to consider.
    · Reply · Share
  • Sara314Sara314 3 replies1 threads New Member
    I understand what you mean. I am just worried about a large amount of mold, that is when it affects me most. Thank you for the advice and I will definitely think it over some more.
    · Reply · Share
  • PurpleTitanPurpleTitan 13066 replies29 threads Senior Member
    Definitely seems like visiting first (checking out dorms and housing nearby if possible) makes a lot of sense.
    · Reply · Share
    I am waiting for my acceptance letter to come in before I check it out, hopefully, it will be soon.
    · Reply · Share
  • victoriainsrqvictoriainsrq 3 replies0 threads New Member
    Have you been admitted?? Have you made your decision? My S is leaning heavily toward NCF and a girlfriend’s D going for sure next year. Would love to know who else is joining their Class of 2022!
    · Reply · Share
    I haven't been admitted yet, but if I am then I am definitely going.
    · Reply · Share
  • amykpparamykppar 1 replies0 threads New Member
    Hi, I’m looking at New College tomorrow with my daughter. Any dorm update?
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity