right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Concerned about how to pay for college amid COVID-19 economic changes? Join us for a webinar on Thu, Apr. 9 at 5pm ET. REGISTER NOW and let us know what questions you have and want answered.
Check out our newest addition to the Student Lounge. Go to the "STUDENT HERE: Ask Me Anything!" and connect with fellow students who can answer your school specific questions!
Most of the decisions are in by now. Connect with fellow students and share support for those who didn't get the best news.

Do I have a shot?

Jewel01Jewel01 1 replies2 threads New Member
My weighted GPA is a 4.0 which is close to NCF average of 4.03 but I have a huge blemish on my transcript- A "D" in APUSH. I was straight A's otherwise last year and mostly As with a few Bs other years. My ECs are decent but not extraordinary, my ACT is a 30 (waiting on the July score to come out, hoping it went up a few points) I'm an OOS student with demonstrated interest (visited campus). I have no big hooks. I'm a strong writer in a writing intensive magnet program so I expect my essay will be well regarded. I'm worried my poor performance in APUSH may ruin my chances though. Has anyone had luck being admitted with a bad grade on their transcript?
2 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Do I have a shot?

• enefraenefra 19 replies8 threads Junior Member
    my grades on my transcript were not the greatest, i had average ecs and community service, my test scores were good but not amazing, and i got in. i was in state however and i don't know if that makes much of a difference. having a strong essay and good recommendations will help. good luck !
    · Reply · Share
  • allhailcorporateallhailcorporate 49 replies1 threads Junior Member
    I got accepted and I had a handful of not so good grades, but they overlooked the individual grades to notice my overall trend and my strong ECs and clear passion for a particular academic subject. They're holistic in their admissions.
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity