Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Best CUNY for Science?

NucleicAcidNucleicAcid Registered User Posts: 19 New Member
edited December 2010 in New York Colleges
I'm looking to transfer to one of the CUNY senior colleges, and am wondering which one has the best opportunities for the sciences (especially lab facilities). I will be majoring in Chemistry with a concentration in Biochemistry, and perhaps a Biology minor (since I plan on taking related Bio courses like Genetics, Molecular Biology, and Cell Biology). I'm looking at Hunter, City College, and Queens College, but would appreciate any advice as to which one would be the best experience for a science major, especially their Chemistry departments.
Post edited by NucleicAcid on

Replies to: Best CUNY for Science?

• tb0mb93tb0mb93 Registered User Posts: 1,320 Senior Member
    From what I've heard, between those 3 you can't go wrong. But I've also heard City is a bit better for sciences. Are you looking at going to grad school?
  • NucleicAcidNucleicAcid Registered User Posts: 19 New Member
    Yeah, I'm looking at applying to physician scientist (MD/PhD) programs. I also noticed that Lehman has some courses that I'm interested in, but Lehman doesn't seem as "known" as City and Hunter in science.
This discussion has been closed.